Обсуждение: Account request

Account request

От
Sequel Info
Дата:
style="white-space:pre"></span>I would like to ask for a “editor" privileges for the wiki (<a class=""
href="https://wiki.postgresql.org/">https://wiki.postgresql.org/</a>).The reason is that I want to add SEQUEL for
PostgreSQL(<a class="" href="http://sequel.tech">http://sequel.tech</a>) to "Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools”.
Theaccount may be “sequel”, “sequel_postgresql” or “sequel_for_postgresql” - whatever is available and fits

Re: Account request

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 11:23:58AM +0300, Sequel Info wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to ask for a “editor" privileges for the wiki (https://
> wiki.postgresql.org/). The reason is that I want to add SEQUEL for PostgreSQL (
> http://sequel.tech) to "Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools”. The account
> may be “sequel”, “sequel_postgresql” or “sequel_for_postgresql” - whatever is
> available and fits best.

You shouldn't just add items to the TODO list.  You need to discuss it
on the community email lists to get acceptance before adding it.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Account request

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Bruce,

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 11:23:58AM +0300, Sequel Info wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to ask for a “editor" privileges for the wiki (https://
> > wiki.postgresql.org/). The reason is that I want to add SEQUEL for PostgreSQL (
> > http://sequel.tech) to "Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools”. The account
> > may be “sequel”, “sequel_postgresql” or “sequel_for_postgresql” - whatever is
> > available and fits best.
>
> You shouldn't just add items to the TODO list.  You need to discuss it
> on the community email lists to get acceptance before adding it.

This request was not about the TODO list but about the "Community Guide
to PostgreSQL GUI Tools":

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools

Which is just a list of various GUI tools for connecting to PG.  Adding
another one to that list seems entirely reasonable and I don't believe
it really requires discussion as there is no policy, as far as I'm
aware, regarding what can be listed there (there's certainly all kinds
of things there).

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: Account request

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 10:13:45AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> * Bruce Momjian (bruce@momjian.us) wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 11:23:58AM +0300, Sequel Info wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I would like to ask for a “editor" privileges for the wiki (https://
> > > wiki.postgresql.org/). The reason is that I want to add SEQUEL for PostgreSQL (
> > > http://sequel.tech) to "Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools”. The account
> > > may be “sequel”, “sequel_postgresql” or “sequel_for_postgresql” - whatever is
> > > available and fits best.
> >
> > You shouldn't just add items to the TODO list.  You need to discuss it
> > on the community email lists to get acceptance before adding it.
>
> This request was not about the TODO list but about the "Community Guide
> to PostgreSQL GUI Tools":
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools
>
> Which is just a list of various GUI tools for connecting to PG.  Adding
> another one to that list seems entirely reasonable and I don't believe
> it really requires discussion as there is no policy, as far as I'm
> aware, regarding what can be listed there (there's certainly all kinds
> of things there).

Oh, sorry.  :-(

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Account request

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Greetings,

* Sequel Info (info@sequel.tech) wrote:
>     I would like to ask for a “editor" privileges for the wiki (https://wiki.postgresql.org/
<https://wiki.postgresql.org/>).The reason is that I want to add SEQUEL for PostgreSQL (http://sequel.tech
<http://sequel.tech/>)to "Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools”. The account may be “sequel”, “sequel_postgresql” or
“sequel_for_postgresql”- whatever is available and fits best.

You will need to create a postgresql.org account here:

https://www.postgresql.org/account/

and let us know what the name of that account is.

Thanks!

Stephen