Обсуждение: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] Show DDL for Greenplum Tables RM #2261

[pgadmin-hackers][patch] Show DDL for Greenplum Tables RM #2261

От
Atira Odhner
Дата:
Hi Hackers,

We have a fix for RM 2261:
As a user of pgAdmin I want to be able to look at the DDL of an existing table, copy and paste it into a SQL editor then modify it to create a new table.

GIVEN I have a table selected in the catalog browser
WHEN I select the SQL tab
THEN the Greenplum DDL will be visible like the Postgres DDL is already

Currently the SQL tab displays an error

This should also work for pre-9.1 postgres.
We wrote tests for the sql changes that we made and created a few specific sql templates for versions prior to 9.1.

We replaced the template selection feature test with the table DDL feature test because the table ddl feature test provides coverage for the template selection.

Tira & Joao
Вложения

Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] Show DDL for Greenplum Tables RM #2261

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Thanks, patches applied.

Note that 0003 had one hunk rejected that I simply ignored as it was
for web/pgadmin/feature_tests/copy_selected_columns_feature_test.py
which doesn't currently exist in the community repo (the patch for
column selection was rejected as it didn't work consistently and
predictably).

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 9:50 PM, Atira Odhner <aodhner@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi Hackers,
>
> We have a fix for RM 2261:
>>
>> As a user of pgAdmin I want to be able to look at the DDL of an existing
>> table, copy and paste it into a SQL editor then modify it to create a new
>> table.
>>

>> GIVEN I have a table selected in the catalog browser
>> WHEN I select the SQL tab
>> THEN the Greenplum DDL will be visible like the Postgres DDL is already
>>

>> Currently the SQL tab displays an error
>

> This should also work for pre-9.1 postgres.
> We wrote tests for the sql changes that we made and created a few specific
> sql templates for versions prior to 9.1.
>
> We replaced the template selection feature test with the table DDL feature
> test because the table ddl feature test provides coverage for the template
> selection.
>
> Tira & Joao
>

> --

Dave Page