Обсуждение: Missing mail list archive items

Missing mail list archive items

Дата:
<152940707697.1452.4922154343836581163@wrigleys.postgresql.org>
(the original report of bug #15248) is not present in
the mail list archives.  For that matter, I also don't see
<E9FA92C2921F31408041863B74EE4C2001AEF9CFB2@CCPMAILDAG03.cantab.local>
which was a shortly-later followup from the submitter.  WTF?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Missing mail list archive items

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
On 07/31/2018 06:44 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> <152940707697.1452.4922154343836581163@wrigleys.postgresql.org>
> (the original report of bug #15248) is not present in
> the mail list archives.  For that matter, I also don't see
> <E9FA92C2921F31408041863B74EE4C2001AEF9CFB2@CCPMAILDAG03.cantab.local>
> which was a shortly-later followup from the submitter.  WTF?

this is caused and explained in
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20180619183153.GN27724%40tamriel.snowman.net

The provider of merak has not been able to get the box online back for
us and we are now waiting for the hardware to be shipped to us so we can
do the recovery by ourselfs.
We do have a plan B for recovering the mails that are missing in our
current archives due to that incident but access to the box will make
stuff easier so we have been waiting for that.

Stefan

Re: Missing mail list archive items

Дата:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> On 07/31/2018 06:44 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> <152940707697.1452.4922154343836581163@wrigleys.postgresql.org>
>> (the original report of bug #15248) is not present in
>> the mail list archives.  For that matter, I also don't see
>> <E9FA92C2921F31408041863B74EE4C2001AEF9CFB2@CCPMAILDAG03.cantab.local>
>> which was a shortly-later followup from the submitter.  WTF?

> this is caused and explained in
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20180619183153.GN27724%40tamriel.snowman.net

Oh, OK, I thought that had been cleaned up by now.

> The provider of merak has not been able to get the box online back for
> us and we are now waiting for the hardware to be shipped to us so we can
> do the recovery by ourselfs.

Fair enough.  Sorry for the noise.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Missing mail list archive items

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> <152940707697.1452.4922154343836581163@wrigleys.postgresql.org>
> (the original report of bug #15248) is not present in
> the mail list archives.  For that matter, I also don't see
> <E9FA92C2921F31408041863B74EE4C2001AEF9CFB2@CCPMAILDAG03.cantab.local>
> which was a shortly-later followup from the submitter.  WTF?

We were able to recover the physical server, determine which messages
were missing from the outage (25 in all) and get them restored.

So, those are now in the archives, along with 23 other messages across
pgsql-hackers, pgsql-general, pgsql-bugs, and pgadmin-hackers.

Please let us know if you see any issues or have any questions.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Re: Missing mail list archive items

Дата:
> We were able to recover the physical server, determine which messages
> were missing from the outage (25 in all) and get them restored.
> So, those are now in the archives, along with 23 other messages across
> pgsql-hackers, pgsql-general, pgsql-bugs, and pgadmin-hackers.

Great work!  Thanks.

            regards, tom lane