Обсуждение: Adding terminal title support for psqlrc

Adding terminal title support for psqlrc

От
ik
Дата:
Hello,

Is there a way to add terminal title information for psqlrc that cn display what schema I am, operation that is execute and stuff like that?

Thank you

Re: Adding terminal title support for psqlrc

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 08/01/2018 01:52 AM, ik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to add terminal title information for psqlrc that cn
> display what schema I am, operation that is execute and stuff like that?

Are you referring to the title bar for something like an Konsole?

If so then no.

If not then what title are you referring to?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Adding terminal title support for psqlrc

Дата:
ik <idokan@gmail.com> writes:
> Is there a way to add terminal title information for psqlrc that cn display
> what schema I am, operation that is execute and stuff like that?

Most terminal programs recognize escape sequences to set the window
title.  So you could set values for PROMPTn that cause updates in
the title.  There's an example in

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/app-psql.html#APP-PSQL-PROMPTING

although it's just talking about a color change.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Adding terminal title support for psqlrc

От
ik
Дата:
hi,

Thank you, it does not effect the terminal title.

As Adrian answered me, it is not supported :/

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 4:47 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
ik <idokan@gmail.com> writes:
> Is there a way to add terminal title information for psqlrc that cn display
> what schema I am, operation that is execute and stuff like that?

Most terminal programs recognize escape sequences to set the window
title.  So you could set values for PROMPTn that cause updates in
the title.  There's an example in

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/app-psql.html#APP-PSQL-PROMPTING

although it's just talking about a color change.

                        regards, tom lane

Re: Adding terminal title support for psqlrc

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 08/01/2018 10:55 AM, ik wrote:
> hi,
>
> Thank you, it does not effect the terminal title.
>
> As Adrian answered me, it is not supported :/

I was wrong:

https://petereisentraut.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-set-xterm-titles-in-psql.html

To get this to work in Konsole I had to edit the profile to have Tab
title format use %w (Window title set by shell).

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com