Обсуждение: Hungarian collation in English Windows server

Hungarian collation in English Windows server

От
Durumdara
Дата:
Dear Members!

One of the customer preinstalled a 9.6 PGSQL server for us.

Today we tried to create and migrate our database.

CREATE DATABASE  yyy
    WITH
    OWNER = xxx
    ENCODING = 'UTF8'
    LC_COLLATE = 'Hungarian_Hungary.1250' <----
    LC_CTYPE = 'Hungarian_Hungary.1250' <----

But we got error that collation doesn't exists in English Windows server.

How to we add this collation in english server?

What we can do now?

This is a problematic/unpleasant situation because they wait for us, but we didn't use only Hungarian servers where this collation is default.

Thank you for your help!

Regards
    dd

Re: Hungarian collation in English Windows server

От
Laurenz Albe
Durumdara wrote:
> CREATE DATABASE  yyy
>     WITH
>     OWNER = xxx
>     ENCODING = 'UTF8'
>     LC_COLLATE = 'Hungarian_Hungary.1250' <----
>     LC_CTYPE = 'Hungarian_Hungary.1250' <----
>
> But we got error that collation doesn't exists in English Windows server.

You have to install the collation on the Windows maching, not in PostgreSQL.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Hungarian collation in English Windows server

От
Durumdara
Дата:
Dear Laurenz!

> You have to install the collation on the Windows maching, not in PostgreSQL.

We could add languages. As I remember my coll. told me that Hungarian lang. pack is installed in that machine.
But maybe this is different thing.

What we need to do to PGSQL see that collation? Would you or other member decribe the steps, please?

Very-very thank you!

dd

Re: Hungarian collation in English Windows server

Дата:
Durumdara <durumdara@gmail.com> writes:
> Dear Laurenz!
>> You have to install the collation on the Windows maching, not in
>> PostgreSQL.

> We could add languages. As I remember my coll. told me that Hungarian lang.
> pack is installed in that machine.
> But maybe this is different thing.
> What we need to do to PGSQL see that collation? Would you or other member
> decribe the steps, please?

Did you add the language pack after PG was already installed?  If so,
you could re-initdb, or if that's inconvenient maybe you could run
pg_import_system_collations().

            regards, tom lane