Обсуждение: Which background task looks for pg_xlog in 10?

Which background task looks for pg_xlog in 10?

От
Johann Spies
Дата:
I see this in /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-10-main.log:

postgres postgres@template1 ERROR:  could not open directory
"pg_xlog": No such file or directory

postgres postgres@template1 STATEMENT:  SELECT count(*) AS segments
FROM pg_ls_dir('pg_xlog') t(fn) \
WHERE fn ~ '^[0-9A-Z]{24}$'

Where does this come from?

Regards
Johann
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)

Re: Which background task looks for pg_xlog in 10?

От
rob stone
Дата:
Hello

On Tue, 2018-08-28 at 08:32 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> I see this in /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-10-main.log:
>
> postgres postgres@template1 ERROR:  could not open directory
> "pg_xlog": No such file or directory
>
> postgres postgres@template1 STATEMENT:  SELECT count(*) AS segments
> FROM pg_ls_dir('pg_xlog') t(fn) \
> WHERE fn ~ '^[0-9A-Z]{24}$'
>
> Where does this come from?
>
> Regards
> Johann
> --
> Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
> my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)

There is no directory pg_xlog in V10.

You might have some incompatible software somewhere or an application
is running this query.

Why does it say "postgres@template1?

Cheers,
Rob

Re: Which background task looks for pg_xlog in 10?

От
Andreas Kretschmer

Am 28.08.2018 um 08:32 schrieb Johann Spies:
> I see this in /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-10-main.log:
>
> postgres postgres@template1 ERROR:  could not open directory
> "pg_xlog": No such file or directory

wild guess: some outdated monitoring software. This directory is renamed
to pg_wal.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Which background task looks for pg_xlog in 10?

От
pavan95
Дата:
Hi Johann,

>>postgres postgres@template1 ERROR:  could not open directory  "pg_xlog":
No such file or directory

AFAIK, pg_xlog directory is changed to pg_wal in postgres 10. So pg_xlog
directory can't be found.

Did you connect to template1 database? Being a role model database for any
newly created database it is recommended not to connect to template1.
Instead you can connect to postgres db to view any type of info.

Hope this info helps you. Thanks.

Regards,
Pavan

--