Обсуждение: [v15] ALTER TABLE ... SET ACCESS METHOD

[v15] ALTER TABLE ... SET ACCESS METHOD

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
The attached patch implements ALTER TABLE ... SET ACCESS METHOD.

For simplicity, I used the normal alter table path, ATRewriteTable(),
which does not follow the stricter isolation semantics that VACUUM FULL
follows. If someone thinks that's unacceptable, please let me know.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения

Re: [v15] ALTER TABLE ... SET ACCESS METHOD

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2021-05-05 20:45:50 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> The attached patch implements ALTER TABLE ... SET ACCESS METHOD.

I think it'd be good to have a basic test for this. See create_am.sql
for how to do so without actually needing a second AM implementation.

> For simplicity, I used the normal alter table path, ATRewriteTable(),
> which does not follow the stricter isolation semantics that VACUUM FULL
> follows. If someone thinks that's unacceptable, please let me know.

I think it'd be good to have something better for tablecmd.c table
rewrites - but I don't think it's this patch's responsibility.

Regards,

Andres

Re: [v15] ALTER TABLE ... SET ACCESS METHOD

От
Justin Pryzby
Дата:
On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 08:45:50PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> The attached patch implements ALTER TABLE ... SET ACCESS METHOD.
>
> For simplicity, I used the normal alter table path, ATRewriteTable(),
> which does not follow the stricter isolation semantics that VACUUM FULL
> follows. If someone thinks that's unacceptable, please let me know.

Why doees your patch say v15?
It's nearly the same as my pre-existing patch, so should merge them.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/33/3020/

--
Justin

Re: [v15] ALTER TABLE ... SET ACCESS METHOD

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
On Wed, 2021-05-05 at 23:40 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Why doees your patch say v15?
> It's nearly the same as my pre-existing patch, so should merge them.

Sorry, I completely missed your patch. I retract mine and we'll
continue with yours.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis