Re: [v15] ALTER TABLE ... SET ACCESS METHOD

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [v15] ALTER TABLE ... SET ACCESS METHOD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-05-05 20:45:50 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> The attached patch implements ALTER TABLE ... SET ACCESS METHOD.

I think it'd be good to have a basic test for this. See create_am.sql
for how to do so without actually needing a second AM implementation.

> For simplicity, I used the normal alter table path, ATRewriteTable(),
> which does not follow the stricter isolation semantics that VACUUM FULL
> follows. If someone thinks that's unacceptable, please let me know.

I think it'd be good to have something better for tablecmd.c table
rewrites - but I don't think it's this patch's responsibility.

Regards,

Andres

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Why do we have perl and sed versions of Gen_dummy_probes?
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Replication slot stats misgivings