Обсуждение: ERROR: could not determine which collation to use for string comparison

ERROR: could not determine which collation to use for string comparison

От
Rômulo Coutinho
Дата:
Hi,

We recently upgraded to Postgres 15.3. When running ANALYZE, we get the following message:
ERROR:  could not determine which collation to use for string comparison
HINT:  Use the COLLATE clause to set the collation explicitly.

We have never seen this before. Could this be a bug?

Regards,

Rômulo Coutinho.

Re: ERROR: could not determine which collation to use for string comparison

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Tue, 2023-06-06 at 11:42 -0300, Rômulo Coutinho wrote:
> We recently upgraded to Postgres 15.3. When running ANALYZE, we get the following message:
> ERROR:  could not determine which collation to use for string comparison
> HINT:  Use the COLLATE clause to set the collation explicitly.
>
> We have never seen this before. Could this be a bug?

Impossible to say without a way to reproduce.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe