Обсуждение: How to read wal files in postgresql 15?

How to read wal files in postgresql 15?

От
Dennis
Дата:
Hi ,

How to read wal files in postgresql 15? I want to know which tables /objects used in wal file. Are there any tool same as logminer (Oracle) in postgres?

Thanks

Dennis

Re: How to read wal files in postgresql 15?

От
Holger Jakobs
Дата:
Hi,

Reading the WAL files directly isn't advisable. A good way to see what is going on is described here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/logicaldecoding.html

Regards
Holger

Am 9. Juni 2023 16:01:17 MESZ schrieb Dennis <daslaner@gmail.com>:
Hi ,

How to read wal files in postgresql 15? I want to know which tables /objects used in wal file. Are there any tool same as logminer (Oracle) in postgres?

Thanks

Dennis

Re: How to read wal files in postgresql 15?

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 09, 2023 at 05:01:17PM +0300, Dennis wrote:
> How to read wal files in postgresql 15? I want to know which tables
> /objects used in wal file. Are there any tool same as logminer (Oracle) in
> postgres?

perhaps pg_waldump will help you?
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgwaldump.html

Best regards,

depesz

Re: How to read wal files in postgresql 15?

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 11:19:44AM +0300, Dennis wrote:
>   Thanx for your answer. But I don't see any DML detail in the report. For
> example which SQL (insert update delete) is running in wal file ? Are there
> any way to see that details?

Please keep discussion to mailing list, so others can chime in, and
potentially learn from it.

if you want queries decoded from wal, you need logical decoding, like
Holger suggested.

Best regards,

depesz