Обсуждение: Problem perhaps after upgrading to pgadmin4 7.4

Problem perhaps after upgrading to pgadmin4 7.4

От
Carl Erik Eriksson
Дата:
Query tool PGadmin on my mac

If I enter a query like  select count(*) from table_1    I get a correct response from the server
If I enter select * from table_1 I get an error message that I do not understand:
Error Message:missing FROM-clause entry for table "rel"
LINE 8: ...ER JOIN pg_catalog.pg_constraint con ON con.conrelid=rel.oid

PSQL tool (PGadmin on my Mac)

However if I enter the same from the PSQL tool  I get the correct output.

But that output goes to my screen and I have found no way of directing it to a file on my Mac.

Any suggestions?  Either getting rid of the error message and getting the output to my screen within the Query tool
whereI can then dump the output to a file
OR a way of running my query using the PSQL tool and redirecting the output to a file on my computer.

An amateur who is up a creek without any paddle..

Carl E Eriksson

Re: Problem perhaps after upgrading to pgadmin4 7.4

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 01:20:03PM +0200, Carl Erik Eriksson wrote:
> If I enter a query like  select count(*) from table_1    I get a correct response from the server
> If I enter select * from table_1 I get an error message that I do not understand:
> Error Message:missing FROM-clause entry for table "rel"
> LINE 8: ...ER JOIN pg_catalog.pg_constraint con ON con.conrelid=rel.oid
> PSQL tool (PGadmin on my Mac)
> However if I enter the same from the PSQL tool  I get the correct output.
>
> But that output goes to my screen and I have found no way of directing it to a file on my Mac.
>
> Any suggestions?  Either getting rid of the error message and getting the output to my screen within the Query tool
whereI can then dump the output to a file

> OR a way of running my query using the PSQL tool and redirecting the output to a file on my computer.
>
> An amateur who is up a creek without any paddle..

Which pg version you're on?

Generally, try updating to newest pgadmin, from git repo
(https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/), there is/was a bug that
caused problems when using pg < 11 :
https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/commit/732bcc2b4d91f0126cf69d69c14df199bc4106bc

Best regards,

depesz

Re: Problem perhaps after upgrading to pgadmin4 7.4

От
Carl Erik Eriksson
Дата:
Thanks - it seems we might be on pg 10.17-1  /Carl

> On 13 Jul 2023, at 13:52, hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 01:20:03PM +0200, Carl Erik Eriksson wrote:
>> If I enter a query like  select count(*) from table_1    I get a correct response from the server
>> If I enter select * from table_1 I get an error message that I do not understand:
>> Error Message:missing FROM-clause entry for table "rel"
>> LINE 8: ...ER JOIN pg_catalog.pg_constraint con ON con.conrelid=rel.oid
>> PSQL tool (PGadmin on my Mac)
>> However if I enter the same from the PSQL tool  I get the correct output.
>>
>> But that output goes to my screen and I have found no way of directing it to a file on my Mac.
>>
>> Any suggestions?  Either getting rid of the error message and getting the output to my screen within the Query tool
whereI can then dump the output to a file
>> OR a way of running my query using the PSQL tool and redirecting the output to a file on my computer.
>>
>> An amateur who is up a creek without any paddle..
>
> Which pg version you're on?
>
> Generally, try updating to newest pgadmin, from git repo
> (https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/), there is/was a bug that
> caused problems when using pg < 11 :
> https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/commit/732bcc2b4d91f0126cf69d69c14df199bc4106bc
>
> Best regards,
>
> depesz

Re: Problem perhaps after upgrading to pgadmin4 7.4

От
Carl Erik Eriksson
Дата:
Problem solved - thanks Depez!  (The solution for now is to downgrade to PGadmin4 version 7.2)

> On 13 Jul 2023, at 13:52, hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 01:20:03PM +0200, Carl Erik Eriksson wrote:
>> If I enter a query like  select count(*) from table_1    I get a correct response from the server
>> If I enter select * from table_1 I get an error message that I do not understand:
>> Error Message:missing FROM-clause entry for table "rel"
>> LINE 8: ...ER JOIN pg_catalog.pg_constraint con ON con.conrelid=rel.oid
>> PSQL tool (PGadmin on my Mac)
>> However if I enter the same from the PSQL tool  I get the correct output.
>>
>> But that output goes to my screen and I have found no way of directing it to a file on my Mac.
>>
>> Any suggestions?  Either getting rid of the error message and getting the output to my screen within the Query tool
whereI can then dump the output to a file
>> OR a way of running my query using the PSQL tool and redirecting the output to a file on my computer.
>>
>> An amateur who is up a creek without any paddle..
>
> Which pg version you're on?
>
> Generally, try updating to newest pgadmin, from git repo
> (https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/), there is/was a bug that
> caused problems when using pg < 11 :
> https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/commit/732bcc2b4d91f0126cf69d69c14df199bc4106bc
>
> Best regards,
>
> depesz

Re: Problem perhaps after upgrading to pgadmin4 7.4

От
Erik Wienhold
Дата:
> On 13/07/2023 13:20 CEST Carl Erik Eriksson <carlerikeriksson@mac.com> wrote:
>
> Query tool PGadmin on my mac
>
> If I enter a query like  select count(*) from table_1    I get a correct
> response from the server
> If I enter select * from table_1 I get an error message that I do not
> understand:
> Error Message:missing FROM-clause entry for table "rel"
> LINE 8: ...ER JOIN pg_catalog.pg_constraint con ON con.conrelid=rel.oid
>
> PSQL tool (PGadmin on my Mac)
>
> However if I enter the same from the PSQL tool  I get the correct output.
>
> But that output goes to my screen and I have found no way of directing it to
> a file on my Mac.

Redirect the output in psql with meta command \out:

    \out /path/to/file.txt
    select * from table_1;

> Carl E Eriksson

That's a cool name ;)

--
Erik

Re: Problem perhaps after upgrading to pgadmin4 7.4

От
Ron
Дата:
On 7/13/23 06:20, Carl Erik Eriksson wrote:
> Query tool PGadmin on my mac
>
> If I enter a query like  select count(*) from table_1    I get a correct response from the server
> If I enter select * from table_1 I get an error message that I do not understand:
> Error Message:missing FROM-clause entry for table "rel"
> LINE 8: ...ER JOIN pg_catalog.pg_constraint con ON con.conrelid=rel.oid
>
> PSQL tool (PGadmin on my Mac)
>
> However if I enter the same from the PSQL tool  I get the correct output.
>
> But that output goes to my screen and I have found no way of directing it to a file on my Mac.
>
> Any suggestions?  Either getting rid of the error message and getting the output to my screen within the Query tool
whereI can then dump the output to a file

> OR a way of running my query using the PSQL tool and redirecting the output to a file on my computer.

Two other solutions:
psql --dbname=foo -c "select * from table_1;" > table_1.txt
psql foo --csv -c "select * from table_1;" > table_1.csv

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.