Обсуждение: Link to Slack dead, is Slack still used?

Link to Slack dead, is Slack still used?

От
"Niels Bom"
Дата:
Hi,

On https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-docs/ under the "Quick links" on the left I see this link
https://postgres-slack.herokuapp.com/but that app seems to be offline.

Is Slack used by the PostgreSQL docs community?
If so: can somebody please update this link?
If no: shall we remove that link?

Have a good one,

-Ni

Re: Link to Slack dead, is Slack still used?

От
"Douglas A. Whitfield"
Дата:
Yes, we still use slack, but as for who has access to update that page, I do not know. I may be able to invite you though. I have a customer call in just a few minutes, but I'll see if I can figure out the invites once I get a free minute.

On Fri, 14 Jul 2023 at 08:49, Douglas A. Whitfield <douglasawh@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, we still use slack, but as for who has access to update that page, I do not know. I may be able to invite you though. I have a customer call in just a few minutes, but I'll see if I can figure out the invites once I get a free minute.

On Fri, 14 Jul 2023 at 07:10, Niels Bom <niels@nielsbom.com> wrote:
Hi,

On https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-docs/ under the "Quick links" on the left I see this link https://postgres-slack.herokuapp.com/ but that app seems to be offline.

Is Slack used by the PostgreSQL docs community?
If so: can somebody please update this link?
If no: shall we remove that link?

Have a good one,

-Ni

Re: Link to Slack dead, is Slack still used?

От
"Niels Bom"
Дата:
On Fri, Jul 14, 2023, at 17:16, Douglas A. Whitfield wrote:
> Looks like this is the https://postgresteam.slack.com/signup#/domain-signup

The link you gave only allows access to people who have an @pgtreats.info email address.

It should be possible to generate an invite link for any domain. It’s good to know that those are often capped to
eithern signups or valid for m amount of time.

Could you please generate an all-domains invite link if you have permission to?

> On Fri, 14 Jul 2023 at 08:49, Douglas A. Whitfield <douglasawh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, we still use slack, but as for who has access to update that page, I do not know. I may be able to invite you
though.I have a customer call in just a few minutes, but I'll see if I can figure out the invites once I get a free
minute.

>> On Fri, 14 Jul 2023 at 07:10, Niels Bom <niels@nielsbom.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-docs/ under the "Quick links" on the left I see this link
https://postgres-slack.herokuapp.com/but that app seems to be offline.

>>> Is Slack used by the PostgreSQL docs community?
>>> If so: can somebody please update this link?
>>> If no: shall we remove that link?
>>>
>>> Have a good one,
>>>
>>> -Ni

Re: Link to Slack dead, is Slack still used?

От
"Douglas A. Whitfield"
Дата:
that's weird, since I don't have one of those, but I do see that is how this link works. I'm not sure the point of someone posting that at the top of general is.

In any case, it looks like you already got an invite from someone based on the message I got when I tried to invite you.

On Fri, Jul 14, 2023, at 20:27, Douglas A. Whitfield wrote:
> In any case, it looks like you already got an invite from someone based
> on the message I got when I tried to invite you.

I didn’t get an email, but I’m in after trying again.

Thanks!