Обсуждение: Installation Issue

Installation Issue

От
Baskar Muthu
Дата:
Hi sir/mam

I installed postre - sql but it is not connected with the server. I tried many times but it's not working and it shows a 'connecting server error'.

Please resolve this issue and alternate ideas please let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Baskar Muthu

Re: Installation Issue

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 7/15/23 07:30, Baskar Muthu wrote:
> Hi sir/mam
>
> I installed postre - sql but it is not connected with the server. I
> tried many times but it's not working and it shows a 'connecting server
> error'.

This needs more information:

1) OS and version.

2) Postgresql version.

3) How was Postgresql installed?

5) Is the Postgresql server running?

6) What client are you connecting with and the connection parameters?

7) Is the client remote to the server?

8) The complete error message.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Installation Issue

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 7/16/23 23:47, Baskar Muthu wrote:

Reply to list also.
Ccing list.

> I tried many times but they showed the same things and it ran for more
> than 3 hours. how to resolve this issue. If you have any idea please let
> me know.Thanking you..
>
> OS version - Windows 11
>
> Postgre sql version - 14.3
>
> I downloaded it from the postgresql.org <http://postgresql.org> website.
>
> Yes, but it's not connecting with the server.
>
> Version 14.3 parameter i used for connecting with psql server.

The Stackbuilder screenshot is showing a failed connection to a download
server at EDB, not to Postgres server.

The other screenshot is a pgAdmin issue. I have seen quite a few
questions about this on Stack Overflow recently. Seems to be related to
version 7.4. My suggestion would be to file an issue here:

https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues

In meantime try using psql to connect to the server.

> No.
>
> It's not showing an error but it's not connected with the server. That's
> only my issue. Please resolve this issue.
>
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 12:10 PM Baskar Muthu <baskartamizh47@gmail.com
> <mailto:baskartamizh47@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Screenshot 2023-07-17 120353.pngScreenshot 2023-07-17 120441.png
>
>     On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 9:05 PM Adrian Klaver
>     <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:
>
>         On 7/15/23 07:30, Baskar Muthu wrote:
>          > Hi sir/mam
>          >
>          > I installed postre - sql but it is not connected with the
>         server. I
>          > tried many times but it's not working and it shows a
>         'connecting server
>          > error'.
>
>         This needs more information:
>
>         1) OS and version.
>
>         2) Postgresql version.
>
>         3) How was Postgresql installed?
>
>         5) Is the Postgresql server running?
>
>         6) What client are you connecting with and the connection
>         parameters?
>
>         7) Is the client remote to the server?
>
>         8) The complete error message.
>

>          >
>          > Please resolve this issue and alternate ideas please let me know.
>          >
>          > Thanks & Regards
>          > Baskar Muthu
>
>         --
>         Adrian Klaver
>         adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Installation Issue

От
Erik Wienhold
Дата:
> On 17/07/2023 16:30 CEST Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>

> The other screenshot is a pgAdmin issue. I have seen quite a few
> questions about this on Stack Overflow recently. Seems to be related to
> version 7.4. My suggestion would be to file an issue here:
>
> https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues

Let me guess (without knowing the mentioned screenshot), something about a lost
connection to pgAdmin server?  That's a known issue in 7.4 which also bugged
some of my colleagues.  They downgraded to 7.3.

https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues/6524

--
Erik

Re: Installation Issue

От
Carl Erik Eriksson
Дата:
I too had problems with 7.4. They went away when I downgraded to 7.2

C E Eriksson
Sent from iPhone

> On 17 Jul 2023, at 18:31, Erik Wienhold <ewie@ewie.name> wrote:
>

>> On 17/07/2023 16:30 CEST Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>>

>> The other screenshot is a pgAdmin issue. I have seen quite a few
>> questions about this on Stack Overflow recently. Seems to be related to
>> version 7.4. My suggestion would be to file an issue here:
>>
>> https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues
>
> Let me guess (without knowing the mentioned screenshot), something about a lost
> connection to pgAdmin server?  That's a known issue in 7.4 which also bugged
> some of my colleagues.  They downgraded to 7.3.
>
> https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues/6524
>
> --
> Erik

Re: Installation Issue