Re: Include PostgresNIO Swift client in the Documentation

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Include PostgresNIO Swift client in the Documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 22 Aug 2023, at 05:23, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

docsup-to-date with all of the drivers available. Perhaps it's worth seeing if we want to make any changes to the docs
pageprior to the v16 GA?

>>> The docs page does mention that the list is likely to be incomplete, with the
>>> following sentence, but there is no mention of the Wiki page at all:
>>>
>>>      "Table H.1 includes a list of some of these projects."
>>>
>>> That being said, a lot of readers will likely skim over and immediately look at
>>> the table, missing the small disclaimer.  I wonder if we aren't serving our
>>> users better by removing the table and only referring to the Wiki page?  Having
>>> two lists will prompt the discussion of what to include where over and over
>>> again, which isn't helping anyone.
>> This is what I was saying. I was waiting on attempting a patch to see if there was consensus. There's now a couple
ofthreads now with similar suggestions, I'll work on getting patches ready.

> Suggested patch attached. Notes:
>
> 1. Replaced language to reference the wiki page
> 2. Replaced table with the URL
> 3. Changed the "licenses" comment to be more affirmative, i.e., there are language interfaces that are released under
licensesdifferent than the PostgreSQL Licence.

This is in line with what I imagined as well, so unless anyone thinks otherwise
I will apply this and backpatch it to all branches.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Include rust as an externally maintained procedural language
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Include rust as an externally maintained procedural language