Re: Remove distprep

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove distprep
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hmm, do we still need to have README.git as a separate file from README?

> Also, looking at README, I see it refers to the INSTALL file in the
> root, but that doesn't exist.  "make -C doc/src/sgml INSTALL" creates
> it, but it's not copied to the root directory.  Do we need some fixup
> for that?

Yeah, we clearly need to rethink this area if the plan is that tarballs
will be pristine git pulls.  I think we want just README at the top
level, and I propose we give up on the text INSTALL file altogether
(thereby removing a documentation build gotcha that catches people
every so often).  I propose that in 2023 it ought to be sufficient
for the README file to point at build instructions on the web.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Locks on unlogged tables are locked?!
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Report planning memory in EXPLAIN ANALYZE