Re: cleaning up - /community/international/

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: cleaning up - /community/international/
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 26.02.24 15:48, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 2/26/24 8:33 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> Sites that haven't been updated in 10+ years clearly haven't
>>> benefited from
>>> being listed here, so I question the value in maintaining links to stale
>>> content. I agree with dropping Türkce and Polska.
>>

>> +1.
>
> -1; the Turkish website is recently updated, and contains info about
> PostgreSQL 16.2 and an upcoming conference:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org.tr/
>
> I think it's worth reaching out to the folks who maintain the Polish
> website before we remove it, or see if others are willing to maintain or
> create a new one.

indeed... it seems to have been updated somewhat (though in a rather
improvised matter it seems) - however I'm still unsure on what the point
of the entire listing director is?

Currently it seems like a (more or less) random mix of usergroup sites
with mixed content of varying commercial background and we have some
duplications with other listings that are more explicit on their purpose
for example:

Taiwan PostgreSQL User Group with https://postgresql.tw/ is listed both
under https://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/ and
https://www.postgresql.org/community/international/ (same for China or
Italy) with the later providing more context and content.

We are providing quite some powerful backlink to those sites and right
now it seems somewhat unclear definition of what is required to be
listed on on of those pages.
We are also not really providing much bacground either - als we say is
"The following are links to international PostgreSQL community
websites." which kind implies that it international and we consider
those targets "community websites" - but compared to how sharply we have
defined "community" elsewhere (say conference guidelines or the user
group policy) that is not much.

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: cleaning up - /community/international/
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Fwd: Re: BUG #18366: Not present at postgresql.org YUM repository