Re: Background Processes and reporting

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Background Processes and reporting
Дата
Re: Background Processes and reporting  (Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-03-11 23:53:15 +0300, Vladimir Borodin wrote:
> It was many times stated in threads about waits monitoring [0, 1, 2]
> and supported by different people, but ultimately waits information
> was stored in PgBackendStatus.

Only that it isn't. It's stored in PGPROC.  This criticism is true of
the progress reporting patch, but a quick scan of the thread doesn't
show authors of the wait events patch participating there.

> Can’t we think one more time about implementation provided by Ildus
> and Alexander here [3]?

I don't think so. Afaics the proposed patch tried to do too many things
at once, and it's authors didn't listen well to criticism.  Trying to go
back to that seems like a surefire way to have nothing in 9.6.

> Seems that current implementation doesn’t give reasonable ways to
> implement all that features and it is really sad.

Why is that?

Andres Freund

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: amcheck (B-Tree integrity checking tool)
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Relation extension scalability