Re: Linux Downloads page change

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: Linux Downloads page change
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Jul 7, 2012, at 4:23 PM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-07-07 at 13:06 -0400, Scott Mead wrote:
>>> They are all on the general download page, under third party
>> distributions.
>>

>> Those are our developer bundles that include postgres along with
>> different application servers.  We also have production/ops server
>> rpms that used to appear on the Linux download page.
>
> That reminds me... Why do we give link to some binary RPMs, where SRPMs
> are not available?

Those RPMs are built using the certified binaries that the community distributes already, but simplifies installation
indeeply firewalled / headless server environments.  They also allow for side-by-side installs of major versions (
pg_upgradecompatible ) and have since their inception.

--Scott

> Regards,
> --
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Community: devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
> http://www.gunduz.org  Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change