Re: No SPF record for postgresql.org?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: No SPF record for postgresql.org?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> I understand how SPF affects @postgresql.org addresses but I was under
> the impression that it was no help for mailing list traffic since it's
> being relayed so the ip address isn't going to match the records for
> the sending domain anyways.

No, I think you're confusing it with DKIM.  SPF checks to see whether
the sending machine is an authorized IP address for the domain of the
envelope FROM address --- which'd be the list itself.  For example,
the whine I'm getting about this message is

Received-SPF: none (sss.pgh.pa.us: domain of postgresql.org does not provide an SPF record) client-ip=217.196.149.56;
envelope-from=sss.pgh.pa.us@postgresql.org;helo=malur.postgresql.org;

The original sender having been stark@mit.edu doesn't enter into it.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: No SPF record for postgresql.org?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: No SPF record for postgresql.org?