Re: In docs there is no "Installation from Binaries" section

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: In docs there is no "Installation from Binaries" section
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 20 Aug 2023, at 18:52, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 20, 2023 at 8:56 AM PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org <mailto:noreply@postgresql.org>> wrote:

> Installing software from ZIP archive is a common practice, pgsql provides
> such archive, but doesn't provide instructions on what to do with it.
>
> Where are you seeing such a zip archive?  I'm familiar with us producing tar gzip archives of the source code for
compiling,but we don't produce binaries that I know of.

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-getsource.html
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-getsource.html>

The Windows and macOS installers provided by EDB are also available as ZIP
archives of the binaries, these might be ones referred to?  We have the below
on the website:

    "Advanced users can also download a zip archive of the binaries,
     without the installer.  This download is intended for users who wish
     to include PostgreSQL as part of another application installer."

That being said, since the installer and ZIP archives are provided by a third-
party I don't think we should attempt to describe them in more detail than what
we currently do.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Include PostgresNIO Swift client in the Documentation
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Include PostgresNIO Swift client in the Documentation