Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment

От Ravi Krishna
Тема Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment
Дата
Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment  (Adam Brusselback <adambrusselback@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

> Eh, that's something that I think we should be looking at supporting, by
> using FDWs, but I haven't tried to figure out how hard it'd be.

How good will that be in performance.

In db2 you can do it using dblinks and that kills performance. isn't FDW  something like dblink.

The cool part is that in SQLServer the optimizer recognizes 3 part name and caching works also.

От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment