Re: Killing a session in windows

От Thomas H.
Тема Re: Killing a session in windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 05:50:46PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
>>> You can't, short of sending a signal to the process or restarting the
>>> service.
>> Which you can do, no?  I thought pg_ctl's kill option was invented
>> specifically to make this less painful on Windows.
>
> It does, and it shuold work. But it's just as dangerous as using kill
> directly on the backends on Unix, of course.

wasn't the OP asking for a way to kill active connections to a db? afaik
pgAdmin3 does provide this functionality:

pgadmin3 > tools > server status

there you can easily terminate connections & transactions to a
particular db. works pretty well in my test, i can kill active
connections and drop the db afterwards.

regards,
thomas

От: Ashish Karalkar
Сообщение: Re: very slow query
От: "Martin Gainty"
Сообщение: Re: Creating Aggregate functions in PLpgSQL