Re: Killing a session in windows

От Howard Cole
Тема Re: Killing a session in windows
Дата
Re: Killing a session in windows  (Howard Cole <howardnews@selestial.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Thomas H. wrote:

>>> Which you can do, no?  I thought pg_ctl's kill option was invented
>>> specifically to make this less painful on Windows.
>>
>> It does, and it shuold work. But it's just as dangerous as using kill
>> directly on the backends on Unix, of course.
>
> wasn't the OP asking for a way to kill active connections to a db?
> afaik pgAdmin3 does provide this functionality:
>
> pgadmin3 > tools > server status
>
> there you can easily terminate connections & transactions to a
> particular db. works pretty well in my test, i can kill active
> connections and drop the db afterwards.
>
> regards,
> thomas
The pgadmin terminate connections never did anything on any of my
windows servers. I always assumed it was something geared towards nix
servers that never quite worked on windows???

I shall look into the pg_ctl options to see if the kill option does what
taskill cannot (thanks for the heads up on that)

Thanks all.

От: Howard Cole
Сообщение: Re: Killing a session in windows
От: "Thomas H."
Сообщение: Re: Killing a session in windows