pgadmin installation on Windows XP without administrator rights

От Robert Bruccoleri
Тема pgadmin installation on Windows XP without administrator rights
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I am working at a location where I would like to test connectivity to a
Linux PostgreSQL database from Windows XP, and it was suggested to me
that I try using pgAdmin for that purpose. Unfortunately, I've run into
a problem -- pgAdmin will not install on the Windows system without an
administrator password, and I do not have adminstrative rights.

However, I can install other software packages on this Windows system by
using my own directory on the C: drive, and presumably the registry
entries that other software uses are not system entries.

The error message from pgAdmin implies that I do not have the right to
install the software for all users on the system, but in this case, I
would be able to do my connectivity testing if the software was
installed just for me.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Sincerely,
Robert Bruccoleri

От: Shigeru Hanada
Сообщение: COMMENT on a wrong object
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: pgadmin installation on Windows XP without administrator rights