Re: pgadmin installation on Windows XP without administrator rights

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin installation on Windows XP without administrator rights
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Robert Bruccoleri
<bruc@stone.congenomics.com> wrote:
> I am working at a location where I would like to test connectivity to a
> Linux PostgreSQL database from Windows XP, and it was suggested to me that I
> try using pgAdmin for that purpose. Unfortunately, I've run into a problem
> -- pgAdmin will not install on the Windows system without an administrator
> password, and I do not have adminstrative rights.

What error message do you get exactly, and do you know where this
password prompt is coming from (some site-specific package perhaps)?
The pgAdmin installer doesn't ask for a password, and Windows XP
doesn't have privilege escalation in the UI.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Bruccoleri
Сообщение: pgadmin installation on Windows XP without administrator rights
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: COMMENT on a wrong object