Re: Regarding The PGWeb Testing Harness Suite Development in GSOC 2023

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Regarding The PGWeb Testing Harness Suite Development in GSOC 2023
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 5/17/23 3:40 PM, Akshat Jaimini wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I'll check out if django test client
> can satisfy our requirements, asap.
> The reason for using selenium earlier was to utilize its capability to
> conduct cross-browser testing

postgresql.org doesn't have too much functionality that would really
benefit from cross-browser testing. The CSS layer leverages Bootstrap,
so we defer cross-browser compatibility to that library. JavaScript is
pretty minimal, though granted it is used on a critical path, i.e. the
download page[1].

> as well but if the test client can satisfy
> the major requirements
> of the functional testing component we'll surely switch over to it for
> that module. I'll share the results as soon as I am done testing out the
> test client

That all said, I think we'd get the most impact having tests around the
other functional units, and I think the Django test client can get us
pretty far, though if it turns out we'd benefit from Selenium I'd be
happy to consider it.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/download/

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Akshat Jaimini
Сообщение: Re: Regarding The PGWeb Testing Harness Suite Development in GSOC 2023
От: Akshat Jaimini
Сообщение: Re: Regarding The PGWeb Testing Harness Suite Development in GSOC 2023