Re: how to disable auto-completion

От Michal Kozusznik
Тема Re: how to disable auto-completion
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 29.11.2012 13:50, Dave Page wrote:

> I never use it myself. But out of interest, how exactly to SQL
> Assistant give you any kind of usable auto complete for column names
> after SELECT if you've got a database that's anything other than
> trivially sized? For example, the database I'm currently working in
> has nearly 4000 distinct columns in it, and that's relatively small.

For example you may write prototype like SELECT * FROM some_table, then
add fields instead of *. Then you get only fields from the table... or
from tables participating in JOIN etc. Really worth to try it - just for
curiosity.

> What, you mean Ctrl+Space is captured by pgAdmin, even if it doesn't
> have focus? It isn't here.

Maybe it's my fault I was not clear enough. I though SQL Assistant is
known app or you will check what is it.
This app hook to other app UI replacing/improving functionality. In case
of PgAdmin, after hitting SHIFT+SPACE two popups appears, one over
another: from pgAdmin and from SQL Assistant. Actually, the last one has
possibility to change hotkeys, but as I already said, we are accustomed
to this since it's most common hotkey for autocomplete/intellisense.

with regards

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: pgadmin3 crash
От: Michael Shapiro
Сообщение: Re: how to disable auto-completion