Re: how to disable auto-completion

От Michael Shapiro
Тема Re: how to disable auto-completion
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I would like to request that PgAdmin do a better job at auto-completion as well.<br />I don't use it now since what I
reallyneed is help with the columns, more than the tables. <br />The tables are useful, but often I know the table
namesbut can't remember the column names and auto-completion on column names would be a great help.<br /><br />I use
othertools with other databases that provide auto-completion anywhere in the query or update, even in joins on multiple
tables.For example, DB Artisan (for Sybase) offers a popup list of choices after a delay. If it is expecting a table,
thenthe list are the tables that "match". If it is expect a column, the list are the columns that "match"<br /><br
/>FWIW-- I tried SQL Assistant and rejected it for PgAdmin. The integration is clumsy (eg, wrt the connection) and, for
dir="ltr"><<ahref="mailto:dpage@pgadmin.org" target="_blank">dpage@pgadmin.org</a>></span> wrote:<br
/><blockquoteclass="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div
class="im">OnThu, Nov 29, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Michal Kozusznik<br /> <<a
href="mailto:kozusznik.michal@ifortuna.cz">kozusznik.michal@ifortuna.cz</a>>wrote:<br /> > On 29.11.2012 13:04,
>>>that's why i'm not asking for developing hotkeys settings support, but to<br /> >>> add single
>>But what is different between your request, and someone who has<br /> >> another app that uses F10 for
somethingother than Step Into in the<br /> >> debugger? We're not going to add the ability to disable a single
Donot disable the single hotkey. Disable whole feature.<br /> > Man, I'm programmer too. Don't try to tell me it is
thatwill be inconsistent with the rest of the app, added at<br /> the request of one user in over 10 years. That is bad
design<br/> (inconsistency annoys users and causes confusion), and when repeated<br /> for every individual request
Butunfortunately it's very weak comparable to other solutions. Aspecialy it<br /> > fails while working with joins.
butmakes impossible a lot of things like<br /> > add field names just after SELECT etc. I don't want to list all
issueshere.<br /> > There are better solutions - and this is the fact. That's why it should be<br /> > possible
todisable it in pgadmin.<br /> > Just try SQL Asistant to see how far behind is native auto-complete. Because<br />
interest,how exactly to SQL<br /> Assistant give you any kind of usable auto complete for column names<br /> after
SELECTif you've got a database that's anything other than<br /> trivially sized? For example, the database I'm
/>>>> Then you figure out that it doesn't make sense to block other apps which<br /> >>> do the job
.It uses most popular hot-key combination making<br /> > impossible to use the same with SQL Assistant<br /><br
href="http://www.enterprisedb.com"target="_blank">http://www.enterprisedb.com</a><br /> The Enterprise PostgreSQL
href="mailto:pgadmin-support@postgresql.org">pgadmin-support@postgresql.org</a>)<br/> To make changes to your

От: Michal Kozusznik
Сообщение: Re: how to disable auto-completion
От: Linos
Сообщение: Re: pgadmin3 crash