Re: Missing link in Developer FAQ

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Missing link in Developer FAQ
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Tatsuo Ishii's message of mié ago 22 04:13:24 -0400 2012:
>> Hi,
>>
>> While translating:
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ#How_is_the_source_code_organized.3F
>>
>> I found that a link in the page:
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/ext.backend.html
>>
>> does not exist anymore.
>>
>> Does anybody know where it is currently?
>
> It's here:
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/tools/backend/index.html;hb=master
>
> Sadly, the links in it don't work.
>
> Maybe the right fix is to have the website expose it again.  I don't
> think it was broken on purpose; my guess is that it was overlooked when
> the website was migrated to the Django stuff.
>
> I note that it says at the bottom "last updated ... 2005".  I think
> keeping this in the git repository has been a mistake.  Maybe this is
> not useful anymore?

I'm pretty sure that's what we decided when migrating to the new
website, so it was dropped intentionally. But I can't actually find a
reference to the discussion.

I think one thing discussed was that the source tree is really a bad
place to store it. The entire contents, including images, should
probably be migrated to the wiki instead. *or* to the "website
proper", but in that case in the actual website SCM, not in the
postgresql.git one.

Also, it took almost a year for anybody to notice that they weren't
there, so they're clearly not used very much.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Missing link in Developer FAQ
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Missing link in Developer FAQ