Re: A bug reporter surprised by their information going to public mailing list.

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: A bug reporter surprised by their information going to public mailing list.
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 3:35 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 9/28/20 9:46 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 1:39 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> +1.  With that, we could probably simplify the button text back
>>> down to "Submit".  Right now I think it's a bit confusing, because
>>> it makes it sound like there are two different actions there.
>
>> -1 for changing it to just "Submit". But I can agree it's a bit confusing.
>> Maybe change it to "Submit email" or "Send email" or something like that
>> which again makes it clear what happens. Just "submit" will again direct
>> people away from the fact that they are sending an email. Or maybe "Submit
>> public bug report"?
>
> "Submit public bug report" would be OK by me; indeed it seems better
> than any of these alternatives, because really the key word here is
> "public".

Alright, after playing around with the checkbox alignment a bit and
reaching the point of diminishing returns, I came up with this: slightly
shorter text around the checkbox, and the button saying "Submit Bug Report."

I still think that is a regression, since fact that it's generating an email is *removed* from the button. See previous comment to that regard, suggesting the addition of "public". But it seems I may be outvoted on that :)

I also wonder if we should just remove the basically identical text from the top of the form, now that it sits with the confirmation checkbox? Or keep them both in the vain hope that people might read at least one of them? :)

I'll let this bake a couple of days and after such, if no objections,
I'll commit it.

The actual objection I have was also mentioned before, which is that the docs comment submission form should be treated the same way.  They're basically the same thing, just to a different mailinglist,  so there is no reason to expect people to read them differently.

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: A bug reporter surprised by their information going to public mailing list.
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: A bug reporter surprised by their information going to public mailing list.