Re: once more: documentation search indexing

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: once more: documentation search indexing
Дата
Re: once more: documentation search indexing
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 8:37 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On 3/21/22 8:48 AM, Michael Christofides wrote:
> >     I believe this is ready to push. I'll do so Monday morning EDT.
> >

> >   Amazing, thank you!

+1

> I've pushed this and done some cache flushing, so the changes should be
> out there.

Looks like it's started to work already, at least with Google, at
least for me. I notice that Google now links to the version 14 docs
for certain likely-common search terms, like "create table
postgresql". It still won't provide search results that link to the
latest doc version for less common terms, such as "alter table
postgresql", but I suspect that it's only a matter of time (plus all
the usual caveats apply).

I'll be keeping an eye on it. Apparently it can take days or even
weeks for this kind of change to be reflected in their search results.

--
Peter Geoghegan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: once more: documentation search indexing
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: once more: documentation search indexing