Like Command returning wrong result set

От Tchouante, Merlin
Тема Like Command returning wrong result set
Дата
Re: Like Command returning wrong result set  (Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com>)
Список pgsql-sql

Hello group,

I’m writing a script and a bit confused on the results with the like command.

gm.title like 'CP_%'

The above command gives me records with titles like CP_40, CP_2, CP_23, etc.

gm.title like '%_CT'

The above command give me records with tiles like Quiz: RadiInterpretation w/ CBCT.

I was expecting it to return titles that contained *_CT, i.e. FX_CT or DR_CT.  It’s as if it’s ignoring the underscore the way it would do if you were using ‘%CT’.  Does it ignore the underscore when it’s right after the ‘%’?

Thanks,

  -- Merlin

Merlin D. Tchouante, Sr. IT Enterprise Application Developer
Center for Information Technology Services (CITS)
601 West Lombard Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201-1512
mtchouan@umaryland.edu
410-706-4489 * 410-706-1500 fax

Please send Blackboard questions to the CITS support email address:  DL-CITSBbSupport@umaryland.edu

Please send Mediasite questions to the CITS support email address:  DL-CITSMediasiteSupport@umaryland.edu

New UMB Logo

Вложения

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: How to generate the order if you know the next item for each item?
От: Andreas Joseph Krogh
Сообщение: Sv: Like Command returning wrong result set