pgsql: Don't Memoize lateral joins with volatile join conditions

От David Rowley
Тема pgsql: Don't Memoize lateral joins with volatile join conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Don't Memoize lateral joins with volatile join conditions

The use of Memoize was already disabled in normal joins when the join
conditions had volatile functions per the code in
match_opclause_to_indexcol().  Ordinarily, the parameterization for the
inner side of a nested loop will be an Index Scan or at least eventually
lead to an index scan (perhaps nested several joins deep). However, for
lateral joins, that's not the case and seq scans can be parameterized
too, so we can't rely on match_opclause_to_indexcol().

Here we explicitly check the parameterization for volatile functions and
don't consider the generation of a Memoize path when such functions
are present.

Author: Richard Guo
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAMbWs49nHFnHbpepLsv_yF3qkpCS4BdB-v8HoJVv8_=Oat0u_w@mail.gmail.com
Backpatch-through: 14, where Memoize was introduced

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/990c3650c535f6fc84d53abb0bd03ad0dd16c576

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/path/joinpath.c | 17 +++++++++++++++++
1 file changed, 17 insertions(+)

От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix RLS policy usage in MERGE.
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: pgsql: Don't Memoize lateral joins with volatile join conditions