Обсуждение: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again, And Apology.

[querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again, And Apology.

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Hi Hiroshi,

Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>Question 1)
>Can you operate QueryBuilder well?

Here are the quick tests I did :
I tried to launch the querybuilder from today's snapshots (debian stable
version) and it simply crashes when I select a table to add...
I then took your patch and applied it.
Now I can select the table to add but I have some wx asserts:

src/common/list.cpp(326): assert "wxAssertFailure" failed: invalid index
in wxListBase::Item
Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.
[I click NO]
src/generic/listctrl.cpp(1304): assert "wxAssertFailure" failed: invalid
column index in SetItem
Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.
[I click NO]
src/common/list.cpp(326): assert "wxAssertFailure" failed: invalid index
in wxListBase::Item
Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.
[I click NO]
It's ok.

These asserts are coming up everytime I add a table and in the same order.

>Question 2)
>Please send screen shots to me.

Shall I ?

>Question 3)
>What is Version of gcc and gtk?

gcc 2.95.4-11woody1
libgtk2: 2.2.2-1woody2

If you want I can try a build on debian unstable ( it should be
libgtk2=2.2.4-1 and gcc 3.3.2-1)

Hope this helps,

Raphaël Enrici

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again, And Apology.

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Raphaël.

Thank you very much.!
for the additional info. :-)

From: "Raphaël Enrici" <blacknoz@club-internet.fr>

> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>
> >Question 1)
> >Can you operate QueryBuilder well?
> >
> Here are the quick tests I did :
> I tried to launch the querybuilder from today's snapshots (debian stable
> version) and it simply crashes when I select a table to add...

Hmm..
Not only the machine of Dave and me but also linux was included, and it was the phenomenon of Unix all.

> I then took your patch and applied it.
> Now I can select the table to add but I have some wx asserts:
(snip)

> These asserts are coming up everytime I add a table and in the same order.

It can be understood as a phenomenon which probably happens by patch.
This information was precious.:-)

> >Question 2)
> >Please send screen shots to me.
> >
> Shall I ?

As for screen to add a table?
which is it?
case 1)
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_1.jpg
case 2)
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_2.jpg

> >Question 3)
> >What is Version of gcc and gtk?
> >
> gcc 2.95.4-11woody1
> libgtk2: 2.2.2-1woody2

I guessed.
bug seems to lurk around wxSashLayoutWindow and wxLayoutAlgorithm.
or, whether to be a specification...

> If you want I can try a build on debian unstable ( it should be
> libgtk2=2.2.4-1 and gcc 3.3.2-1)
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Raphaël Enrici

Thank you for taking the time to help me in this.

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again,

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>From: "Raphaël Enrici" <blacknoz@club-internet.fr>
>

>>Hi Hiroshi,
>>
>>Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>>

>>>Question 2)
>>>Please send screen shots to me.
>>>

>>Shall I ?
>>

>As for screen to add a table?
>which is it?
>case 1)
>http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_1.jpg
>case 2)
>http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_2.jpg

It's just like the first case. (note that I find it has a better look
than second one... so, I'm happy! ;p)

>>>Question 3)
>>>What is Version of gcc and gtk?
>>>

>>gcc 2.95.4-11woody1
>>libgtk2: 2.2.2-1woody2
>>

>I guessed.
>bug seems to lurk around wxSashLayoutWindow and wxLayoutAlgorithm.
>or, whether to be a specification...
>

>>If you want I can try a build on debian unstable ( it should be
>>libgtk2=2.2.4-1 and gcc 3.3.2-1)

I finally built it on unstable (gtk 2.2.4 and gcc 3.3.2), pgA3 crashes
with a wxassert logged in pgadmin.log...

>Thank you for taking the time to help me in this.

It was a question of minutes for me. I think the only one that should be
thanksed is YOU!
Go on with this patch and feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Raphaël

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again,

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Raphaël Enrici wrote:

>> As for screen to add a table?
>> which is it?
>> case 1)
>> http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_1.jpg
>> case 2)
>> http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_2.jpg
>>

> It's just like the first case. (note that I find it has a better look
> than second one... so, I'm happy! ;p)

How is a join visualized?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again,

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Andreas.

From: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>
(snip)

> How is a join visualized?

Because m_aliases couldn't take it any more by injustice patch,
the place of the join couldn't be taken as it.

Sigh...
However,
wxWindows is further pursued because it guessed a little thanks to Raphaël.

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again, And Apology.

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Dave.

It is going on sadly.:-(

While I am examined, It still keeps having troubles.
But, it thought what I should do under this limitation variously.

It is second patch.
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_3.jpg
This does crash when query after this is issued.

#0  0xbfafeeb0 in ?? ()
#1  0x290688b3 in __sflush () from /usr/lib/libc.so.5
#2  0x29068818 in __fflush () from /usr/lib/libc.so.5
#3  0x29050e7b in __swbuf () from /usr/lib/libc.so.5
#4  0x2900691c in __fputwc () from /usr/lib/libc.so.5
#5  0x29005430 in __vfwprintf () from /usr/lib/libc.so.5
#6  0x29001ce8 in vswprintf () from /usr/lib/libc.so.5
#7  0x0839214b in wxVsnprintf(wchar_t*, unsigned, wchar_t const*, char*) ()
#8  0x0837b592 in wxVLogInfo(wchar_t const*, char*) ()
#9  0x0837b642 in wxLogInfo(wchar_t const*, ...) ()
#10 0x08191520 in pgQueryThread::Entry() (this=0x8839d40) at db/pgSet.cpp:418
#11 0x083a3476 in wxThreadInternal::PthreadStart(wxThread*) ()
#12 0x28cdc3fe in _thread_start () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.5
(gdb)
Are there any hints?

I am pretty busy, and time can't be taken ....
This proceeds little by little.

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Вложения

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again, And Apology.

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi Hiroshi,

Thanks for your continued work on this. Please note that I am not applying these patches at the moment, but will do
whenthere is a complete solution.

One question if I may: how do you represent the joins between tables when using the notebook?

Regards, Dave

From: "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>

> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> Thanks for your continued work on this. Please note that I am not applying these patches at the moment,
> but will do when there is a complete solution.

I haven't been useful yet....

> One question if I may: how do you represent the joins between tables when using the notebook?

It does like this.
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_4.jpg

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again, And Apology.

От
"Dave Page"

You have been very 'useful' :-) Just because it is not there yet doesn't mean your efforts are not appreciated.

> > One question if I may: how do you represent the joins
> between tables when using the notebook?
>
> It does like this.
> http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_4.jpg

Hmm, the old version draws a line between the tables so you can see the joins - the use of the notebook prevents this
:-(

Regards, Dave.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>

> > I haven't been useful yet....
>
> You have been very 'useful' :-) Just because it is not there yet doesn't mean your efforts are not appreciated.
:-)

> > It does like this.
> > http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_4.jpg
>
> Hmm, the old version draws a line between the tables so you can see the joins - the use of the notebook prevents this
:-(

Yes,
Though it wants to do an origin like that, mdi of wxWindows seems to be the engine which restricted it.
This is difficult though remodeling of wxWindows was tried.:-(

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again,

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Hi Hiroshi,

I've just tried two builds (debian/stable and debian/unstable) with this
new patch.
The query tool simply crashes as soon as I add a table... So it seems to
be less functional than previous one although some time I still get the
control on wxAssert.

I can send you a full debug pgadmin.log or a backtrace if needed.

Regards,
Raphaël

Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>From: "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>
>

>>Hi Hiroshi,
>>Thanks for your continued work on this. Please note that I am not applying these patches at the moment,
>>but will do when there is a complete solution.
>>

>I haven't been useful yet....
>

>>One question if I may: how do you represent the joins between tables when using the notebook?
>>

>It does like this.
>http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_4.jpg
>
>regards,
>Hiroshi Saito

>TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again,

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Raphaël .

From: "Raphaël Enrici" <blacknoz@club-internet.fr>

> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> I've just tried two builds (debian/stable and debian/unstable) with this
> new patch.
> The query tool simply crashes as soon as I add a table... So it seems to
> be less functional than previous one although some time I still get the
> control on wxAssert.
Oh,<Sigh>....

> I can send you a full debug pgadmin.log or a backtrace if needed.

Thank you very much.
Send it because it wants to see it slowly even if it is not soon.

I have already faced a bed...:-)

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again,

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>Hi Raphaël .
>
>From: "Raphaël Enrici" <blacknoz@club-internet.fr>
>

>>Hi Hiroshi,
>>I've just tried two builds (debian/stable and debian/unstable) with this
>>new patch.
>>The query tool simply crashes as soon as I add a table... So it seems to
>>be less functional than previous one although some time I still get the
>>control on wxAssert.
>>

>Oh,<Sigh>....
>

>>I can send you a full debug pgadmin.log or a backtrace if needed.
>>

>Thank you very much.
>Send it because it wants to see it slowly even if it is not soon.

here it is (attached). Let me know if you also need a bt.

>I have already faced a bed...:-)

Have a nice night Hiroshi.

I CCed to the list but may be we should stay out for this ?

Regards,
Raphaël

Вложения

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again, And Apology.

От
"Dave Page"

Oh, yes, I appreciate that. Unfortunately it not as nice from a design point of view.

Just out of curiousity, does the MDI sample app run OK on your system?

Regards, Dave.

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again, And Apology.

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Dave.

Good morning.!

From: "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>

> > Yes,
> > Though it wants to do an origin like that, mdi of wxWindows
> > seems to be the engine which restricted it.
> > This is difficult though remodeling of wxWindows was tried.:-(
>
> Oh, yes, I appreciate that. Unfortunately it not as nice from a design point of view.
>
> Just out of curiousity, does the MDI sample app run OK on your system?

It doesn't do the movement which we expect.:-(
It looks like screen-shots which I showed.

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again, And Apology.

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Dave.
and Raphaël.

Again.
But, an answer isn't hastened because I can't take time.

There was some deficiency in Query_Builder_patchX.
Try to use this.
And, crash in query didn't occur in present wxWindows-cvs.??
It is added part of Andreas' patch.

http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_5.jpg
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_6.jpg

However, these don't connect join with the line like MS-Windows.:-(

I advance little by little.
Time to think for a while is necessary.

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

> > > Though it wants to do an origin like that, mdi of wxWindows
> > > seems to be the engine which restricted it.
> > > This is difficult though remodeling of wxWindows was tried.:-(
> >
> > Oh, yes, I appreciate that. Unfortunately it not as nice from a design point of view.
> >
> > Just out of curiousity, does the MDI sample app run OK on your system?
>
> It doesn't do the movement which we expect.:-(
> It looks like screen-shots which I showed.
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Saito

Вложения