Обсуждение: Typo in PostgreSQL 8.1 release notes

Typo in PostgreSQL 8.1 release notes

От
Richard van den Berg
Дата:
The release notes for PostgreSQL 8.1 read:

E.1.3.12. pg_dump Changes

    * Add -n / --schema switch to pg_restore (Richard van den Bergg)

There is one g too many in my last name. It would be nice if this can be
fixed before the final release.

Sincerely,

--
Richard van den Berg, CISSP
Trust Factory B.V. |     www.dna-portal.net

Re: Typo in PostgreSQL 8.1 release notes

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Fixed, thanks.

Richard van den Berg wrote:
> The release notes for PostgreSQL 8.1 read:

> E.1.3.12. pg_dump Changes
>
>     * Add -n / --schema switch to pg_restore (Richard van den Bergg)
>
> There is one g too many in my last name. It would be nice if this can be
> fixed before the final release.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> --
> Richard van den Berg, CISSP
> Trust Factory B.V. |     www.dna-portal.net
> Bazarstraat 44a    |  www.trust-factory.com
> 2518AK The Hague   |  Phone: +31 70 3620684
> The Netherlands    |  Fax  : +31 70 3603009

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Typo in PostgreSQL 8.1 release notes

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 09:52:49AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Richard van den Berg wrote:
> > The release notes for PostgreSQL 8.1 read:

> > E.1.3.12. pg_dump Changes
> >
> >     * Add -n / --schema switch to pg_restore (Richard van den Bergg)
> >
> > There is one g too many in my last name. It would be nice if this can be
> > fixed before the final release.
>
> Fixed, thanks.

Hmm, I just committed the fix and was waiting to receive the
pgsql-committers message before sending the confirmation, but I haven't
gotten it yet.  Did I do something wrong?  It was my first commit to
this repo.

... maybe I should subscribe-nomail to the pgsql-committers list with
the @postgresql.org address?

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.

Re: Typo in PostgreSQL 8.1 release notes

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
I did see the commit message.  Perhaps it will show in the archives
tomorrow:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-09/index.php

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 09:52:49AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Richard van den Berg wrote:
> > > The release notes for PostgreSQL 8.1 read:

> > > E.1.3.12. pg_dump Changes
> > >
> > >     * Add -n / --schema switch to pg_restore (Richard van den Bergg)
> > >
> > > There is one g too many in my last name. It would be nice if this can be
> > > fixed before the final release.
> >
> > Fixed, thanks.
>
> Hmm, I just committed the fix and was waiting to receive the
> pgsql-committers message before sending the confirmation, but I haven't
> gotten it yet.  Did I do something wrong?  It was my first commit to
> this repo.
>
> ... maybe I should subscribe-nomail to the pgsql-committers list with
> the @postgresql.org address?
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
> A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.
> (Carrie Snow)

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Typo in PostgreSQL 8.1 release notes

Дата:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Hmm, I just committed the fix and was waiting to receive the
>> pgsql-committers message before sending the confirmation, but I haven't
>> gotten it yet.  Did I do something wrong?  It was my first commit to
>> this repo.
>>
>> ... maybe I should subscribe-nomail to the pgsql-committers list with
>> the @postgresql.org address?

> I did see the commit message.

I didn't see it either.  I think Marc normally does something to ensure
that committers' messages will go through, but maybe he forgot this
time?  Or is there a more general problem with pgsql-committers?  The
last traffic I got from it is

 Subject: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: libpgport routines need nonstandard palloc to wor

which I committed just before leaving for the weekend on Saturday.
Was Alvaro's commit the only one over the weekend?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Typo in PostgreSQL 8.1 release notes

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
It is possible I did not see it.  I now remember I saw the CVS log
message, not the email text.

I wrote:
> Was Alvaro's commit the only one over the weekend?

I pulled down the CVS logs and verified that it was the only such
commit.  So the problem is most likely specific to Alvaro's account
and not a list-wide issue.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Typo in PostgreSQL 8.1 release notes

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 08:06:38PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Was Alvaro's commit the only one over the weekend?
>
> I pulled down the CVS logs and verified that it was the only such
> commit.  So the problem is most likely specific to Alvaro's account
> and not a list-wide issue.

Yeah, I guess I should subscribe the postgresql.org address to the list
so the commit message is not held for moderation, but I cannot do that
right now because there seems to be a problem with my email account.

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"La conclusión que podemos sacar de esos estudios es que

Re: Typo in PostgreSQL 8.1 release notes

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

--0-651212018-1125886047=:1044

Actually, that wouldn't fix it ... but, I've fixed commit messages for
both you and Andrew now ...

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 08:06:38PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I wrote:
>>> Was Alvaro's commit the only one over the weekend?
>>
>> I pulled down the CVS logs and verified that it was the only such
>> commit.  So the problem is most likely specific to Alvaro's account
>> and not a list-wide issue.
>
> Yeah, I guess I should subscribe the postgresql.org address to the list
> so the commit message is not held for moderation, but I cannot do that
> right now because there seems to be a problem with my email account.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
> "La conclusión que podemos sacar de esos estudios es que
> no podemos sacar ninguna conclusión de ellos" (Tanenbaum)

----
--0-651212018-1125886047=:1044--