Обсуждение: VB (Virus Builder) Virus Posted

VB (Virus Builder) Virus Posted

От
Jim Jennis
Дата:
Hello Fellow Postgres users,

If any of you got the message posted by this idiot "Sean"
<sean@fastinternet.net.au> to the list, the attached VB (otherwise known as
Virus Builder) script is infected with the VBS.Freelink virus.

Watch out for it and if you are reading your mail running a Windows
platform and happen to get this virus, you must delete the files

c:\windows\links.vbs
c:\windows\system\rundll.vbs

If you are running Linux (of course) you may ignore it and politely tell
Sean to put this VB script where the Sun doesn't shine.

Regards,

Jim

,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-
/ / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / /    \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /      `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'
`-'-'

FSC - Building Better Information Technology Solutions-     From the Production Floor to the Customer's Door.

Jim Jennis, Technical Director, Commercial Systems
Fuentez Systems Concepts, Inc.
1 Discovery Place, Suite 2
Martinsburg, WV. 25401 USA.

Phone: +001 (304) 263-0163 ext 235
FAX:   +001 (304) 263-0702

Email: jjennis@fuentez.com      jhjennis@shentel.net
Web:   http://www.discovery.fuentez.com/

Re: VB (Virus Builder) Virus Posted

От
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
Jim Jennis, Technical Director, Commercial Systems wrote:

> Hello Fellow Postgres users,
>
> If any of you got the message posted by this idiot "Sean"
> <sean@fastinternet.net.au> to the list, the attached VB (otherwise known as
> Virus Builder) script is infected with the VBS.Freelink virus.
   I  knew it as Visual Bullsh.. so far, but that's another good   substitution for a UPS (Useless Peace of Sh..).

> If you are running Linux (of course) you may ignore it and politely tell
> Sean to put this VB script where the Sun doesn't shine.
   Unfortunately, yes. I'd love to go back to  the  gdold  Minix   days,   when   I   polled  mail'n'news
(uncompressed single   articles) via UUCP, spooling them to bnews and ...

   But I haven't succeded to view application/msshit attachments   under  Minix  yet  (it's  a  well  designed OS, so
bydefault   rejecting to process this kinda content entirely).  Means,  I   wouldn't  be  able  to  read all the eMail
thatbelongs to my   dayjob.

Jan

Re: VB (Virus Builder) Virus Posted

От
Thomas Good
Дата:
On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Jan Wieck wrote:

>     Unfortunately, yes. I'd love to go back to  the  gdold  Minix
>     days,   when   I   polled  mail'n'news  (uncompressed  single
>     articles) via UUCP, spooling them to bnews and ...
>
>     But I haven't succeded to view application/msshit attachments
>     under  Minix  yet  (it's  a  well  designed OS, so by default
>     rejecting to process this kinda content entirely).  Means,  I
>     wouldn't  be  able  to  read all the eMail that belongs to my
>     dayjob.

You mean, we're supposed to read the attachments?  Oh man, am I in trouble.
Anyway, I do like the new def for the VB acronym!  ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------              North Richmond Community
MentalHealth Center

Thomas Good, MIS Coordinator                tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
         Phone: 718-354-5528                                                        Fax:   718-354-5056

          s l a c k w a r e       Are Powered By:              RDBMS                   |---------- linux

RE: VB (Virus Builder) Virus Posted

От
Jeff Eckermann
Дата:
In Sean's defence, he's probably just a patsy.  This virus is one of those
that propagates from an infected computer without the user's knowledge.  I
got this message some time back, but fortunately my Norton Antivirus was up
to date.  Even they get caught unprepared sometimes however.