Обсуждение: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

[whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

Дата:
I thought we had things set up so that there were multiple people
moderating the postgres mail lists, but it seems like the average time
to approve postings from unsubscribed folk has slid back down to the
two-or-three-day range :-(.  What can be done to improve that?  Maybe
recruit a few more moderators?
        regards, tom lane

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:

> Maybe recruit a few more moderators?

I have already volunteered for that. Just a reminder.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> I thought we had things set up so that there were multiple people
> moderating the postgres mail lists, but it seems like the average time
> to approve postings from unsubscribed folk has slid back down to the
> two-or-three-day range :-(.  What can be done to improve that?  Maybe
> recruit a few more moderators?

I also think we have different sets of moderators for different lists, because some seen to have better response times.
ButI could be mistaken on that since

I've made no actual check on that ;) I've asked for a list of who moderates what to be documented somewhere, but
nothingyet. That would be a good starting

point to see if we need more moderators.

I've also had a commit message moderated because it contained the c word that is in c-handler. Apart from having that
approved,I think that specific check is

stupid and should be removed. If possible, all checks on commit messages should be excluded.

/Magnus

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

Дата:
"Magnus Hagander" <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
> I've also had a commit message moderated because it contained the c word that is in c-handler. Apart from having that
approved,I think that specific check is

> stupid and should be removed. If possible, all checks on commit messages should be excluded.

Yeah, some closer attention to the filter patterns would be good too.
One of the things that got me ticked off today was having several
messages blocked because they contained "cansel" (deliberately
misspeeled here to avoid triggering that filter again), in the middle of
the line several lines down.  I can see the argument for filtering
messages that have that word as the *first* in the body, but not like
this.  It's a perfectly useful and indeed fairly important word for
technical discussions.  I've been bit similarly in the past by other
filters that seemed overly loose...
        regards, tom lane

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> > I've also had a commit message moderated because it contained the c word that is in c-handler. Apart from having
thatapproved, I think that specific check

is
> > stupid and should be removed. If possible, all checks on commit messages should be excluded.
>
> Yeah, some closer attention to the filter patterns would be good too.
> One of the things that got me ticked off today was having several
> messages blocked because they contained "cansel" (deliberately
> misspeeled here to avoid triggering that filter again), in the middle of

That's the c word I was talking about, if that wasn't clear for everyone.

/Magnus

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Dave Page
Tom Lane wrote:
> I thought we had things set up so that there were multiple people
> moderating the postgres mail lists, but it seems like the average time
> to approve postings from unsubscribed folk has slid back down to the
> two-or-three-day range :-(.  What can be done to improve that?  Maybe
> recruit a few more moderators?

Which lists are slow? I tend to moderate in real time whilst I'm awake,
or at least the next time I check my mail when not (which is invariably
only a few hours away). I can probably add another couple to my list if
that would help.

Regards, Dave

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 08:43:06AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > I thought we had things set up so that there were multiple people
> > moderating the postgres mail lists, but it seems like the average time
> > to approve postings from unsubscribed folk has slid back down to the
> > two-or-three-day range :-(.  What can be done to improve that?  Maybe
> > recruit a few more moderators?
>
> Which lists are slow? I tend to moderate in real time whilst I'm awake,
> or at least the next time I check my mail when not (which is invariably
> only a few hours away). I can probably add another couple to my list if
> that would help.

In my case, -patches and -committers. Looking at the thread I *think* Tom
was referring to, also -hackers.

(I did bug you about -patches and -committers, which you said you couldn't
do :-P)

//Magnus

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Alvaro Herrera
Dave Page wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > I thought we had things set up so that there were multiple people
> > moderating the postgres mail lists, but it seems like the average time
> > to approve postings from unsubscribed folk has slid back down to the
> > two-or-three-day range :-(.  What can be done to improve that?  Maybe
> > recruit a few more moderators?
>
> Which lists are slow? I tend to moderate in real time whilst I'm awake,
> or at least the next time I check my mail when not (which is invariably
> only a few hours away). I can probably add another couple to my list if
> that would help.

What do people use to moderate?  Are there any scripts to help or
something?  I've seen people wasting time hitting reply, writing
"accept", etc, which consumes a lot of time.  (FWIW I do have a script,
which currently only works for pgsql-es-ayuda but I think it could be
easily generalized).

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I thought we had things set up so that there were multiple people
>>> moderating the postgres mail lists, but it seems like the average time
>>> to approve postings from unsubscribed folk has slid back down to the
>>> two-or-three-day range :-(.  What can be done to improve that?  Maybe
>>> recruit a few more moderators?
>> Which lists are slow? I tend to moderate in real time whilst I'm awake,
>> or at least the next time I check my mail when not (which is invariably
>> only a few hours away). I can probably add another couple to my list if
>> that would help.
>
> What do people use to moderate?  Are there any scripts to help or
> something?  I've seen people wasting time hitting reply, writing
> "accept", etc, which consumes a lot of time.

That's what I do - it takes a couple of seconds each for the dozen or so
approvals I do on 6 or so of our lists per day.

Regards, Dave.

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

Дата:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 08:43:06AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> Which lists are slow?

> In my case, -patches and -committers. Looking at the thread I *think* Tom
> was referring to, also -hackers.

At the time I was particularly concerned about -hackers and -bugs, but
I'm not sure which lists have the issue overall.  I regularly notice
batches of two-or-three-day-old messages being released together,
perhaps several times a week, and hadn't paid any particular attention
to which lists they were on.  I file all the PG lists I read (which is
most of them) into one folder, so it all kinda blurs together ... but
I think -bugs is in need of more attention because it's particularly
likely to get submissions from non-subscribers.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 12:30:47PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I checked both of those last night when you reported it ... there was one spam
> in -bugs and a few from Kris Kennedy in -hackers, but that was it ...

Interesting. Any clue on where my post to -patches went? I got a mail from
majordom saying it was held, but it was never passed through. (the one on
committers came through around that time, so I assume you went through that
one as well?)

Also, to repeat that request, could you stick a list of who is moderator of
what on pmt, for reference?

//Magnus

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I checked both of those last night when you reported it ... there was one spam
> in -bugs and a few from Kris Kennedy in -hackers, but that was it ...

I think the problem is that it shouldn't just be checked when somebody
complains, but on a periodical basis.

> - --On Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:26:22 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> wrote:
>
> > Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
> >
> >> In my case, -patches and -committers. Looking at the thread I *think* Tom
> >> was referring to, also -hackers.
> >
> > At the time I was particularly concerned about -hackers and -bugs, but
> > I'm not sure which lists have the issue overall.  I regularly notice
> > batches of two-or-three-day-old messages being released together,
> > perhaps several times a week, and hadn't paid any particular attention
> > to which lists they were on.  I file all the PG lists I read (which is
> > most of them) into one folder, so it all kinda blurs together ... but
> > I think -bugs is in need of more attention because it's particularly
> > likely to get submissions from non-subscribers.

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

Дата:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 12:30:47PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> I checked both of those last night when you reported it ... there was one spam
>> in -bugs and a few from Kris Kennedy in -hackers, but that was it ...

> Interesting. Any clue on where my post to -patches went?

Also, there should have been at least one -hackers post from Maxime
Henrion of freebsd.org ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

I'll let you add it to pmt, but here is what we have right now, beyond myself:

pgsql-announce:xzilla@users.sourceforge.netgreg@turnstep.com

pgsql-performance:josh@agliodbs.com

which is really odd, as I swore we had ppl for -general and -hackers, also, but
apparently not ...

so, who wanted to volunteer for what again?  email me offlist, but we currently
have:

pgsql-admin
pgsql-advocacy
pgsql-benchmarks
pgsql-bugs
pgsql-chat
pgsql-committers
pgsql-core
pgsql-cygwin
pgsql-docs
pgsql-general
pgsql-hackers
pgsql-interfaces
pgsql-jdbc
pgsql-jobs
pgsql-novice
pgsql-odbc
pgsql-patches
pgsql-php
pgsql-ports
pgsql-sql

Now, in some cases, the 'list owner' is different then me (ie. pgsql-advocacy
is owned by JoshB), but even in that case, a backup moderator would be nice ...

- --On Wednesday, April 11, 2007 18:09:51 +0200 Magnus Hagander

- ----

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
I am willing to moderate any of these lists anyone wants me to
moderate.  I promise to do this every weekday at [insert daytime
here, Eastern time], subject to vacations and local holidays.  Will
that help?

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 02:40:33PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I'll let you add it to pmt, but here is what we have right now, beyond myself:
>
> pgsql-announce:
>     xzilla@users.sourceforge.net
>     greg@turnstep.com
>
> pgsql-performance:
>     josh@agliodbs.com
>
> which is really odd, as I swore we had ppl for -general and -hackers, also, but
> apparently not ...
>
> so, who wanted to volunteer for what again?  email me offlist, but we currently
> have:
>
> pgsql-admin
> pgsql-advocacy
> pgsql-benchmarks
> pgsql-bugs
> pgsql-chat
> pgsql-committers
> pgsql-core
> pgsql-cygwin
> pgsql-docs
> pgsql-general
> pgsql-hackers
> pgsql-interfaces
> pgsql-jdbc
> pgsql-jobs
> pgsql-novice
> pgsql-odbc
> pgsql-patches
> pgsql-php
> pgsql-ports
> pgsql-sql
>
> Now, in some cases, the 'list owner' is different then me (ie. pgsql-advocacy
> is owned by JoshB), but even in that case, a backup moderator would be nice ...
>

> - --On Wednesday, April 11, 2007 18:09:51 +0200 Magnus Hagander
> <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 12:30:47PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >>
> >> I checked both of those last night when you reported it ... there was one
> >> spam  in -bugs and a few from Kris Kennedy in -hackers, but that was it ...
> >
> > Interesting. Any clue on where my post to -patches went? I got a mail from
> > majordom saying it was held, but it was never passed through. (the one on
> > committers came through around that time, so I assume you went through that
> > one as well?)
> >
> > Also, to repeat that request, could you stick a list of who is moderator of
> > what on pmt, for reference?
> >
> > //Magnus
>

> - ----
> Email . scrappy@hub.org                              MSN . scrappy@hub.org
> Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.                --Brad Holland

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
'k, I'll add you in and send you details ... use ajs@crankycanuck.ca as
address?

----

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> Also, to repeat that request, could you stick a list of who is moderator of
>>> what on pmt, for reference?
>>>
>>> //Magnus
>>

>> - ----
>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
>> Email . scrappy@hub.org                              MSN . scrappy@hub.org
>> Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

>> TIP 7: You can help support the PostgreSQL project by donating at
>>
>>                 http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
>
> --
> Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
> In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
> garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
>                --Brad Holland

>                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

Дата:
Odd ... can you email me the passwd you have been using, and I'll set it
up a bit better on this end so that I see you listed in the config file? I
suspect you  have the 'masterpasswd' for those lists, instead of having
you setup as a seperate admin ...

----

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 11:08:56PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 'k, I'll add you in and send you details ... use ajs@crankycanuck.ca as
> address?

Sure.  People should tell me what lists they want done and what time,
too.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?    --attr. John Maynard Keynes

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Odd ... can you email me the passwd you have been using, and I'll set it
> up a bit better on this end so that I see you listed in the config file?
> I suspect you  have the 'masterpasswd' for those lists, instead of
> having you setup as a seperate admin ...

Just to make sure - when you have this sorted, we'll get an updated list
of moderators to stick on pmt, right? ;)

//Magnus

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I login to the web interface, as 'ALL' (so all lists are presented), then
> middle click on the posting itself so that it opens it in a new tab, and
> quickly go through an approve all the ones that need to be approved, skipping
> then ones that don't ... then i Use the 'select all' checkbox and
> 'reject-quiet' all the rest (minus the subscribe/unsubscribe requests, which
> just sit in the queue to expire or be accepted by the subscriber) ...

Ouch, I tried this in the past and found it really annoying.

> I don't do anything via email ... much too slow / painful ...

Yeah, I take exactly two seconds for each email.  No browser, no
nothing, just a single keypress for each moderation request.  Way too slow.

Now I understand why Greg talked about the need to "run the moderation
on his own schedule".  If you're gonna take fifteen minutes to do it,
sure, you don't want to interrupt your normal email flow.

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Andrew Sullivan is added to the following lists:
>
>        pgsql-admin
>        pgsql-advocacy
>        pgsql-announce
>        pgsql-hackers
>        pgsql-jobs

Ok. I've updated the pmt with what info we have had confirmed from Marc,
which is right now:
pgsql-admin    Andrew Sullivan
pgsql-advocacy    Andrew Sullivan
pgsql-announce    Andrew Sullivan, Robert Treat, Greg Sabino Mullane
pgsql-hackers    Andrew Sullivan
pgsql-jobs    Andrew Sullivan
pgsql-performance    Josh Berkus

Everything else moderated only by Marc.

Marc, please update that once you have confirmed what/how Greg is doing
other moderation, and other such things.

//Magnus

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Kris Jurka

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Everything else moderated only by Marc.

I moderate pgsql-jdbc.

Kris Jurka

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Saturday 14 April 2007 08:40, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > Andrew Sullivan is added to the following lists:
> >
> >        pgsql-admin
> >        pgsql-advocacy
> >        pgsql-announce
> >        pgsql-hackers
> >        pgsql-jobs
>
> Ok. I've updated the pmt with what info we have had confirmed from Marc,
> which is right now:
> pgsql-admin    Andrew Sullivan
> pgsql-advocacy    Andrew Sullivan
> pgsql-announce    Andrew Sullivan, Robert Treat, Greg Sabino Mullane
> pgsql-hackers    Andrew Sullivan
> pgsql-jobs    Andrew Sullivan
> pgsql-performance    Josh Berkus

ISTR being told I was set up to handle -announce, -jobs, and -advocacy,
and -press (iirc) at various times or another, but I've not been able to get
access for a few months now.... if people want me to work on those or others,
I probably need to get my credentials re-set and re-sent.

--
Robert Treat

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Actually, you own pgsql-jdbc ... are you able to keep up okay on that, or do
> you want to add someone else to help out?

I don't have any problems with moderating.  I just thought we were
assembling a master list so I figured I'd add it.

Kris Jurka

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Granted, but you should be added as 'owner', not 'moderator' ... its a small
> distinction ..

Can you provide pmt with a list of lists that have owners other than
yourself?

//Magnus

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> Granted, but you should be added as 'owner', not 'moderator' ... its a small
>> distinction ..
>
> Can you provide pmt with a list of lists that have owners other than
> yourself?

Even better would be a *complete* contact list of people who have access
to what with the mailing lists.

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>> Granted, but you should be added as 'owner', not 'moderator' ... its
>>> a small distinction ..
>>
>> Can you provide pmt with a list of lists that have owners other than
>> yourself?
>
> Even better would be a *complete* contact list of people who have access
> to what with the mailing lists.

That's what I'm trying for here, one piece at a time.

//Magnus

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

'k, here are the list owners ... lists not listed default to me .. a few lists
aren't active anymore, so trim accordingly:

configset pgsql-advocacy owners <<ENDAAB
josh@agliodbs.com
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-de-allgemein owners <<ENDAAB
peter_e@gmx.net
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-es-ayuda owners <<ENDAAB
"Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-fr-generale owners <<ENDAAB
fsuter@cobweb.ch
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-hackers-win32 owners <<ENDAAB
pgman@candle.pha.pa.us
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-jdbc owners <<ENDAAB
books@ejurka.com
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-nl-algemeen owners <<ENDAAB
pgdev@xs4all.nl
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-performance owners <<ENDAAB
josh@agliodbs.com
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-ru-general owners <<ENDAAB
mokhov@cs.concordia.ca
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-slavestothewww owners <<ENDAAB
dpage@postgresql.org
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-slony2 owners <<ENDAAB
JanWieck@yahoo.com
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-students owners <<ENDAAB
josh@agliodbs.com
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-techdocs owners <<ENDAAB
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-tr-genel owners <<ENDAAB
devrim@gunduz.org
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-www owners <<ENDAAB
dpage@postgresql.org
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-www-advocacy owners <<ENDAAB
pgman@candle.pha.pa.us
ENDAAB

configset pgsql-www-jobs owners <<ENDAAB
lists@natserv.com
ENDAAB

- --On Saturday, April 14, 2007 17:41:11 +0200 Magnus Hagander

- ----

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Did you see this Marc?

/D

Дата:
On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 03:19:51PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> And here is the current list of moderators, but, as Greg pointed out, this
> isn't 100% accurate, but will be working on that this weekend ...

Ok. As I'm sure you've noticed I didn't update based on that, since it
wasn't complete. Please update the PMT page when you have the complete list
- and let us know when yuo've done it.

//Magnus

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Saturday 14 April 2007 14:16, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> 'k, here are the list owners ... lists not listed default to me .. a few
> lists aren't active anymore, so trim accordingly:

<snip>

Marc, I'm a little confused as I did not see myself set up as owner or
moderator of -press, but I can several press-owner type emails a day
delievered to me... is there some other association going on there?

--
Robert Treat

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
But you said (see quote below):
>>> And here is the current list of moderators, but, as Greg pointed
out, this
>>> isn't 100% accurate, but will be working on that this weekend ...

So I wanted to wait until that work was done. Either way - whenever
you're done, please write it down on the pmt page so it's up to date.
(I'm sure it could do with some other details as well - you'll know what
better than me)

//Magnus

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> The list I sent you was 100% accurate based on the config files ... in some
> cases (ie. Greg), it looks like master passwd was provided, instead of setting
> up as an individual password ... its that that I have to work on fixing ...
> greg can still moderate as things are now, he's just not explicitly listed in
> the config files ...
>
> --On Friday, April 20, 2007 13:06:40 +0200 Magnus Hagander
> <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 03:19:51PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>> And here is the current list of moderators, but, as Greg pointed out, this
>>> isn't 100% accurate, but will be working on that this weekend ...
>> Ok. As I'm sure you've noticed I didn't update based on that, since it
>> wasn't complete. Please update the PMT page when you have the complete list
>> - and let us know when yuo've done it.
>
>> //Magnus

>>                http://archives.postgresql.org
>

> ----
> Email . scrappy@hub.org                              MSN . scrappy@hub.org
> Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> The list I sent you was 100% accurate based on the config files ... in some
> cases (ie. Greg), it looks like master passwd was provided, instead of setting
> up as an individual password ... its that that I have to work on fixing ...
> greg can still moderate as things are now, he's just not explicitly listed in
> the config files ...

BTW did you add me as moderator for the lists I mentioned?

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
> The list I sent you was 100% accurate based on the config files ... in
> some cases (ie. Greg), it looks like master passwd was provided,
> instead of setting up as an individual password ... its that that I
> have to work on fixing ... greg can still moderate as things are now,
> he's just not explicitly listed in the config files ...
>
>> I think what Magnus is trying to do is make sure that all admins are
>> adhering to the same standards, which is, in this case to use pmt to
>> document this type of stuff.

That was indeed it, and I'm still missing this documentation on pmt. Can
we get an update there, please?

//Magnus