Обсуждение: SQL pretty pritner?

SQL pretty pritner?

От
stan
Дата:
I have a presentation later in the week, and i plan on printing out some
files containing SQL commands. I have used some "pretty printers" in the
past for things like Perl scripts. What I am thinking of s something that
bolds keywords, handles page breaks, and does some formatting.

Development being done in an Ubuntu Linux environment.

Anyone have a recommendation?

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: SQL pretty pritner?

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:

http://sqlformat.darold.net/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgformatter/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: SQL pretty pritner?

От
"Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)"
Дата:
All,

Take a look at the VI(m) editor.  There is a Syntax mode for highlighting different file types, as well as tools for
exportingthe highlighted text to HTML.  I have yet to find a file type that it doesn’t already handle.

Works really slick.

bobb

> On Oct 27, 2019, at 5:21 PM, stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
>
> Think Before You Click: This email originated outside our organization.
>

> I have a presentation later in the week, and i plan on printing out some
> files containing SQL commands. I have used some "pretty printers" in the
> past for things like Perl scripts. What I am thinking of s something that
> bolds keywords, handles page breaks, and does some formatting.
>
> Development being done in an Ubuntu Linux environment.
>
> Anyone have a recommendation?
>
> --
> "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> neither liberty nor safety."
>                                                -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: SQL pretty pritner?

От
Rob Sargent

> On Oct 28, 2019, at 7:00 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) <bob.basques@ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> Take a look at the VI(m) editor.  There is a Syntax mode for highlighting different file types, as well as tools for
exportingthe highlighted text to HTML.  I have yet to find a file type that it doesn’t already handle.

> Works really slick.
>
> bobb

Well if you’re going to go there, emacs will hilite and execute your sql.

>> On Oct 27, 2019, at 5:21 PM, stan

Re: SQL pretty pritner?

От
Ron
Дата:
But does it reformat the text?

On 10/28/19 8:00 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
> All,
>
> Take a look at the VI(m) editor.  There is a Syntax mode for highlighting different file types, as well as tools for
exportingthe highlighted text to HTML.  I have yet to find a file type that it doesn’t already handle.

> Works really slick.
>
> bobb
>

>> On Oct 27, 2019, at 5:21 PM, stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
>>
>> Think Before You Click: This email originated outside our organization.
>>

>> I have a presentation later in the week, and i plan on printing out some
>> files containing SQL commands. I have used some "pretty printers" in the
>> past for things like Perl scripts. What I am thinking of s something that
>> bolds keywords, handles page breaks, and does some formatting.
>>
>> Development being done in an Ubuntu Linux environment.
>>
>> Anyone have a recommendation?

Re: SQL pretty pritner?

От
Rob Sargent

> On Oct 28, 2019, at 7:37 AM, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But does it reformat the text?

It’s an “indented text mode” so beeline respect current indentation. I don’t think it will take an stream out sql and
addnewlines at predictable places. Not at My desk to try.

>> On 10/28/19 8:00 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Take a look at the VI(m) editor.  There is a Syntax mode for highlighting different file types, as well as tools for
exportingthe highlighted text to HTML.  I have yet to find a file type that it doesn’t already handle.

>> Works really slick.
>>
>> bobb

>>> Think Before You Click: This email originated outside our organization.
>>>

>>> I have a presentation later in the week, and i plan on printing out some
>>> files containing SQL commands. I have used some "pretty printers" in the
>>> past for things like Perl scripts. What I am thinking of s something that
>>> bolds keywords, handles page breaks, and does some formatting.
>>>
>>> Development being done in an Ubuntu Linux environment.
>>>
>>> Anyone have a recommendation?
>>

> --
> Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.

Re: SQL pretty pritner?

От
Thomas Boussekey
Дата:
Hello all,

I use this github project in order to highlight SQL code on my slides:
https://romannurik.github.io/SlidesCodeHighlighter/

It doesn't highlight 100% of Postgres SQL code, but it's a correct basis!

Hope this helps,
Thomas

Le lun. 28 oct. 2019 à 14:37, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> a écrit :
But does it reformat the text?

On 10/28/19 8:00 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
> All,
>
> Take a look at the VI(m) editor.  There is a Syntax mode for highlighting different file types, as well as tools for exporting the highlighted text to HTML.  I have yet to find a file type that it doesn’t already handle.
>
> Works really slick.
>
> bobb
>

>> On Oct 27, 2019, at 5:21 PM, stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
>>
>> Think Before You Click: This email originated outside our organization.
>>

>> I have a presentation later in the week, and i plan on printing out some
>> files containing SQL commands. I have used some "pretty printers" in the
>> past for things like Perl scripts. What I am thinking of s something that
>> bolds keywords, handles page breaks, and does some formatting.
>>
>> Development being done in an Ubuntu Linux environment.
>>
>> Anyone have a recommendation?

Re: SQL pretty pritner?

От
"Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)"
Дата:
As far using VIM (vs EMACS):

:c)

bobb

On Oct 28, 2019, at 8:33 AM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:

Think Before You Click: This email originated outside our organization.

On Oct 28, 2019, at 7:00 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) <bob.basques@ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:

All,

Take a look at the VI(m) editor.  There is a Syntax mode for highlighting different file types, as well as tools for exporting the highlighted text to HTML.  I have yet to find a file type that it doesn’t already handle.

Works really slick.

bobb

Well if you’re going to go there, emacs will hilite and execute your sql.

On Oct 27, 2019, at 5:21 PM, stan

Re: SQL pretty pritner?

От
"Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)"
Дата:
All,

VI has a lot of option ( that I haven’t tried) and I would bet that there are options for formatting and page breaks,
etc. It’s a bit of a learning curve though.

bobb

> On Oct 28, 2019, at 8:44 AM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Think Before You Click: This email originated outside our organization.
>

>> On Oct 28, 2019, at 7:37 AM, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> But does it reformat the text?
>>
> It’s an “indented text mode” so beeline respect current indentation. I don’t think it will take an stream out sql and
addnewlines at predictable places. Not at My desk to try.

>>> On 10/28/19 8:00 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Take a look at the VI(m) editor.  There is a Syntax mode for highlighting different file types, as well as tools
forexporting the highlighted text to HTML.  I have yet to find a file type that it doesn’t already handle.

>>> Works really slick.
>>>
>>> bobb

>> --
>> Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.

RE: SQL pretty pritner?

От
Kevin Brannen
>From: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
>On 10/27/19 3:21 PM, stan wrote:
>> I have a presentation later in the week, and i plan on printing out
>> some files containing SQL commands. I have used some "pretty printers"
>> in the past for things like Perl scripts. What I am thinking of s
>> something that bolds keywords, handles page breaks, and does some formatting.
>
>http://sqlformat.darold.net/
>
>https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgformatter/

If I had that task, I'd use a combo of tools. "pgFormatter" that Adrian shows
above is what you use to reformat to make it aligned nicely, plus it does some
colorization. The first link is the online tool; the 2nd link is if you want
to download the code to your own server.

Example:
select count(*) from tablea where x is null;
Result:
SELECT
    count(*)
FROM
    tablea
WHERE
    x IS NULL;

You can't see it here, but all the keywords are bold and colored, and "count" is
colored but not bolded.

If that colorization isn't good enough for you, then as others have said,
paste the result into "vim" to get the colorization, pasting that into
PowerPoint/Word or something that honors the colors...or just take a screen
shot of that...or whatever works for you.

HTH,
Kevin
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential
information.If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
youare hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or
attachedto this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notifyus by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them
todisk. Thank you.

Re: SQL pretty pritner?

От
Reid Thompson

Re: SQL pretty pritner?

От
DiasCosta
Дата:
Hello,

For some formatting I use PSPad.exe (https://www.pspad.com/)
It has, at least, some of the features you are looking for.
It is free and has the possibility to format SQL and other languages.

Dias Costa

On 28-10-2019 17:06, Reid Thompson wrote:
On Sun, 2019-10-27 at 16:54 -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sourceforge.net_projects_pgformatter_&d=DwICaQ&c=w8fEmIi-B5lsC0MnOiGTloUx5YmN70-3jVCmqqbXNxM&r=4r1gVE34nFB7YgioINuzq1cdGrlIBszDh26sKYP7ux8&m=9zYVbOR6UMXoTr5abTczqiDnMEYJ1mNU7uePMEtYLJ8&s=7jw7I_b0hNpBHZAfA2NLtvgbWepTlS5zqSGEt6xq9IA&e=

this ^^^^^^^

--
J. M. Dias Costa
Telef. 214026948

Se divulgar esta mensagem por terceiros, por favor:
1. Apague o meu endereço de correio electrónico e o meu nome.
2. Apague também os endereços dos seus amigos antes de distribuir.
3. Enderece como cópia oculta (Cc ou Bcc) para os SEUS destinatários.
Agindo deste modo, dificultará a disseminação de "vírus", "spams" e
"banners" e contribuirá para manter a privacidade de todos e cada um.
Obrigado.

Nota: Não se deverá ao acaso a ocorrência de palavras na minha escrita que não respeitem o
malfadado acordo ortográfico.

Re: SQL pretty pritner?

От
Thiemo Kellner
Дата:
https://www.sqlinform.com/

--
S/MIME Public Key: https://oc.gelassene-pferde.biz/index.php/s/eJuAUFONag6ofnH
Signal (Safer than WhatsApp): +49 1578 7723737