Re: cleaning up - /community/international/

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: cleaning up - /community/international/
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 1/15/24 10:36 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Hi all!
>

> So while looking at something else, I noted that we might be somewhat
> overdue on cleaning up
> https://www.postgresql.org/community/international/ or at least discuss
> the actual rules for pointing to international "community" sites...
>

> Looking at the current entries I would say(most using google translate
> so caveats apply):
>
> * both Chinese (Simplified) and Chines (Traditional) look kinda ok
>
> * Czech - looks a bit weird - seems to be some sort of wikipedia
> installation with some (random) information added but contains at least
> a link to a czech google group that seems to be fairly active
>
> * Deutsch - seems somewhat questionable - is not available as https and
> does not seem to contain anything "community" related but rather just
> mirrors some of the main website content mixed with some references to
> commercial(?) offerings and ads
>
> * Français looks fine
>
> * Israel looks fine
>
> * Italiano - looks fairly outdated in some areas and does not seem to
> have seen any updates in at least 2 years?
>
> * Japanese - looks fine
>
> * Korean -  looks fine
>
> * Polska - this on is dead - promotes PostgreSQL 9.3 from 2013...
>
> * Russian - no real content on it's own but rather a link to other
> resources, looks ok though
>
> * Türkce - dead as well - promotes PostgreSQL 10.3 and the last update
> seems to be > 5 years ago
>

> So independent of the bigger question on actual rules for a listing - I
> propose to drop Türkce and Polska for now but I'm somewhat unsure what
> to do about "Deutsch" and  "Italiano" - any comments on that?

The question I'd raise is why do we need to drop them? They still have
content that is helpful for the local communities. The *current* content
is out-of-date, but also having the sites up allows others to find it
and possibly work to maintain the site.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: List entry on website for local user groups
От: "Karl O. Pinc"
Сообщение: "Copy Script" button obscures script text