Обсуждение: Re: Error LOG: could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

Re: Error LOG: could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

От
prathap vathuluru
Дата:
Hello All ,

I am seeing the below error message in My PostgreSQL Error log and My client is unable to connect to Database .

DB Level Log :

2023-06-22 09:30:10 UTC 192.168.0.60(22237) [29452-1] XXXXXX@XXXXXX LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset
 by peer.

Application level Error :

Wed Jun 21 14:53:18 CEST 2023
SQL Error [08006]: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.

Could you please , Suggest relevant resolution for the Above issue ., We have 5 databases with enough resources in the same cluster .

Thanks In Advance ..!!

Regards,
Prathap V.

Re: Error LOG: could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Thu, 2023-06-22 at 09:56 +0000, prathap vathuluru wrote:
> I am seeing the below error message in My PostgreSQL Error log and My client is unable to connect to Database .
>
> DB Level Log :
>
> 2023-06-22 09:30:10 UTC 192.168.0.60(22237) [29452-1] XXXXXX@XXXXXX LOG:  could not receive data from client:
Connectionreset
>  by peer.
>
> Application level Error :
>
> Wed Jun 21 14:53:18 CEST 2023
> SQL Error [08006]: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
>
> Could you please , Suggest relevant resolution for the Above issue ., We have 5 databases with enough resources in
thesame cluster .

Usually, it is a network problem.

Try to adjust the TCP keepalive settings:

https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com/en/tcp-keepalive-for-a-better-postgresql-experience/

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Different Data Directories For Different Databases In One Instance

От
Phani Prathyush Somayajula

Hi @pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org ,

I have 2 mounts /data/feed  & /data/bets

I have postgres-dev server on which I have 6 feed databases (let’s say a,b,c,d,e,f) and 4 bets databases(lets say g,h,i,j)

I want to group the data directories based on the databases, and they all should be running from the same instance. Can I achieve this ?

Or if not, can you suggest me a work-around to achieve this

Regards,

Phani

Re: Different Data Directories For Different Databases In One Instance

От
Keith

On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 9:04 AM Phani Prathyush Somayajula <phani.somayajula@pragmaticplay.com> wrote:

Hi @pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org ,

I have 2 mounts /data/feed  & /data/bets

I have postgres-dev server on which I have 6 feed databases (let’s say a,b,c,d,e,f) and 4 bets databases(lets say g,h,i,j)

I want to group the data directories based on the databases, and they all should be running from the same instance. Can I achieve this ?

Or if not, can you suggest me a work-around to achieve this

Regards,

Phani

Look into tablespaces

Keith

Re: Different Data Directories For Different Databases In One Instance

От
Ron Johnson
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 9:04 AM Phani Prathyush Somayajula <phani.somayajula@pragmaticplay.com> wrote:

Hi @pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org ,

I have 2 mounts /data/feed  & /data/bets

I have postgres-dev server on which I have 6 feed databases (let’s say a,b,c,d,e,f) and 4 bets databases(lets say g,h,i,j)

I want to group the data directories based on the databases, and they all should be running from the same instance. Can I achieve this ?

Tablespaces.

 Or if not, can you suggest me a work-around to achieve this

Symlinks.  But tablespaces are the canonical solution.

Re: Different Data Directories For Different Databases In One Instance

От
MichaelDBA
Дата:
You cannot simply re-assign tablespaces to different PostreSQL instances.  You still must export and import them.  You can physically copy a tablespace location to another location (file copy) within a PG instance, and then change the directory assignment (symlinks) for those tablespaces.  This is often used when folks need a bigger space for their data or a faster or slower device.

Ron Johnson wrote on 4/18/2024 9:09 AM:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 9:04 AM Phani Prathyush Somayajula <phani.somayajula@pragmaticplay.com> wrote:

Hi @pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org ,

I have 2 mounts /data/feed  & /data/bets

I have postgres-dev server on which I have 6 feed databases (let’s say a,b,c,d,e,f) and 4 bets databases(lets say g,h,i,j)

I want to group the data directories based on the databases, and they all should be running from the same instance. Can I achieve this ?

Tablespaces.

 Or if not, can you suggest me a work-around to achieve this

Symlinks.  But tablespaces are the canonical solution.

Regards,

Michael Vitale

Michaeldba@sqlexec.com

703-600-9343